Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your idea of the "ultimate" Limited gun?

kcobean

I like the GLock platform, and yet I have been really happy with my CZ TS. I think my ultimate limited gun would be mine with the aluminum grips and magwell. The gun is really accurate, and a hoot to shoot. Load it to factory length and it just runs.

I think though that I might shoot the Glock in .40 better as I shoot my G17 far better than my TS. I have much more time with that platform. If I could have a .40 Glock with the same grip as my RTF2, I might go that route. The one your hands and eyes like is the one to get.

My Ultimate Limited gun never misses, even when I don't aim, has an endless supply of ammo and never needs mag changes, and has a secret button that transforms it into a Ducati to ride home when I'm done. :goof: .

+1 except mine "transforms" into an F350 FX4 Longbed Crewcab in that bright deep fire department yellow paint that Ford doesn't offer anymore. :roflol:

I went from shooting a G34 in production to a STI Eagle to shoot in Limited. I really liked the Eagle but I just bought a FGW's custom 6" gun. This pistol is amazing. I have shot three matches with it now without a single issue. It runs like a Mercedes and that is exactly what I needed.

My Ultimate Limited gun never misses, even when I don't aim, has an endless supply of ammo and never needs mag changes, and has a secret button that transforms it into a Ducati to ride home when I'm done. :goof: .

+1 except mine "transforms" into an F350 FX4 Longbed Crewcab in that bright deep fire department yellow paint that Ford doesn't offer anymore. :roflol:

Dude, come on, a long bed, crew cab F350 out of a Limited gun??? That thing would have to be HUGE!!! Oh, you're from Hawaii, you're used to "big guns"....

I'd imagine something like a Limcat Razorcat in .40, minus the scope. Leave the comp without holes in it (but lightened), and put the front sight on the end of it. Should end up with a light, fast cycling gun, with the sight radius of a 6-7" gun.

Build one to your liking, but make sure you use a very knowledgeble 40 S&W Limited gunsmith. Try shooting fellow competitors guns before you jump in. The most important thing is that it goes bang every time. Also get mags that are tuned to your gun, will save alot of headaches later. If your reloading then provide the gunsmith with an ample amount of your reloads so that they can tune the mags, gun, & ammo as a package. That's what I did and never looked back.

One that holds 20-21+1 rounds and is 101% reliable.

The rest is personal preference that you can add/mod to any 1911 as you go.

Its really hard to beat some of the package deals that come up now-a-days(winter). Guys getting new guns/changing divisions. It is very easy to find yourself a complete 2011 package(gun, mags, rig, extra stuff) in the $1500-1800 range. Just have to be the first to find it.

From there.. shoot it, see what you like/don't like... modify accordingly.

But like I said... and others... it has to run, no exceptions.

Mike.

5" long dustcover frame, 5" unique slide with lots of cuts, SV or STI barrel, Recoil master or 1 piece guiderod with 15-16 lb spring, ed brown beavertail, dawson magwell and FO sights, silicone carbide grip resurface, SV thumb safety, EGW trigger parts, SV or STI trigger, Koenig or SV hammer, DLC coat everything.

Edited by bobby hated

• 2 weeks later...