Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats your favorite Glock holster?

midvalleyshooter

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use this for both USPSA and IDPA with my G35. It has a second belt attachment for IDPA use that snugs it up to the body. Very secure but can run like a race holster.

http://www.topglock.com/catalog/holsters.htm

Hogue Powerspeed Universal Speed Holster

The PowerSpeed holster is designed for competition, duty and concealed carry use. The patented PowerSpeed holster is modular, and truly universal. Using only the parts needed for your gun, within seconds the PowerSpeed is easily assembled for left or right hand use then adjusted to fit virtually any semi-auto handgun! Incorporating a unique locking mechanism, the Hogue PowerSpeed is one of the fastest and most secure holsters ever made. The locking mechanism is super simple, completely unique, and has 3 quick settings; Fully locked, Semi Race, and Full Race. Full locked mode is so secure you can actually lift the shooter off their feet by the grip of the gun, but is instantly released on a draw! In Full race mode the gun is held in place solely by powerful rare earth NeFb magnets. The magnets are so strong they can hold a pistol upside down and are secure enough to pass a jump test, but look out, blazingly fast draws are a snap in this mode. The Hogue holster, even fully locked, can easily beat any other holster on the draw. To complete the versatility of the PowerSpeed holster, it comes with two belt mounts, a dropped competition/duty style and a high rise style. The competition/duty style is fully adjustable for angle and cant and includes an exclusive belt locking and adjustment system that accommodates belt sizes from 1 1/2" to a 3". The 2nd belt plate is a high rise style that fits a 1 1/2" belt and is designed for duty, concealed carry or IDPA use. The package also contains an optional barrel retainer, adjustment shims and all necessary hardware.

FEATURES

* Modular, truly universal design

* Attractive hi-tech look complements your pistol

* Exclusive pistol securing mechanism

* Fully Ambidextrous

* Super strong Delrin construction

* Fully Adjustable

PowerSpeed is the best value in holsters - Bar None

PowerSpeed Fits most all full size Semi Auto Handguns including but not limited to:

Colt 1911 style pistols, Glock Models, Para Ordnance, Ruger P series, Smith & Wesson auto pistols, Sig Sauer pistols, Beretta, Taurus, Browning Hi-Power, EAA Witness, Springfield P9, CZ-75, TZ-75, H&K USP, Caspian, Etc. Etc. Etc.

powerspeed1.JPG (57383 bytes) powerspeed2.jpg (102143 bytes) powerspeed3.JPG (57457 bytes)

Finally a holster that will work with THE Accessories scope mount. Requires minor dremel work.

Let's see, which holsters do I have? I have a 10 year old blade tech for a G19, 2 Comp Tac holsters (G19, G34), and 2 Ky-tac holsters (G17, G34) and a FED Paddle from Galco (leather, thumbbreak). For competition, the Ky-tac is the fastest, then Comp-tac, then blade-tech and Galco. The Ky-tac has the least retention and the Blade-tech has the most (of the kydex holsters). The Comp-tac is in between, but you can loosen the retention screws that grab the trigger guard. The Blade-tech has the least amount of tension adjustment.

You can order a Ky-tac holster for IDPA or USPSA. IDPA is legal for USPSA, but the opposite is not necessarily true. The IDPA holster sits a little bit closer to the body. Some rule about "seeing light" through the belt loop. It is still very fast. The only drawback, I waited 4 months for the holster.

Comp-tac was delivered within a week. I ordered the locking paddle, as recommended by Matt Burkett. It's a little bulky, but still a great holster. Be aware that belt loops may interfere with adjustability.

I used a Blade-tech for many years. It has a good combination of speed and retention. If you are looking for speed, I'd probably choose another holster, but if you have to climb walls, crawl around, etc. I'd go with Blade-tech. I don't know how long the wait is because I got my holster directly from Tim Wegner, while shooting at Gunsite. He actually drove down with a car full of products. You can also order Blade-tech items from Brownell's.

Hope this helps somebody.

I have used Sparks, Kramers, Blade-Tech, Uncle Mike's and a hoard of others. I was a big supporter and user of Sidearmor for years. However, the Comp-Tac is the best. The locking paddle, or even the paddle, are fast, comfortable and of excellent quality. I use one of the IWBs too for the G27 and the locking paddle for my 1911s. I have sold dozens of holsters I have tried and it is hard for me to think that there can be much more improvement, I do have several nice Sidearmors for sale.

This would be for more carry use than anything else, but when instructing at work nad general range work around the recruits, I tried the Blackhawk CQC. Has anyone tried these. They're pretty good.

Some kind of molded kydex or plastic, but has a trigger locking mechanism that hold the gun in and it can't be yanked out. Great for security for carry or around the range, but there is a lever on the outside that you hit with your trigger finger and it release the gun.

Again, slow for IDPA or any sport, but for carry, pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm new to shooting and want to join a comp, but I would like to proceed with more research and knowledge before I go. I'm only 16 years old, so this whole competition/IPSC thing is new to me, so please bare with me. I wasent exactly sure if this was the correct forum to post in, but here it goes. (Please Move if needed)

Anyway, so I was planning on joining up on some IPSC competitions around the Cincinnati, OH area. I was wondering if this holster would work for a Glock 19 and would follow the rules, and I would be able to use it in a competition.

The holster is for Airsoft, and the gun pictured is a KWA Glock 23F GBB Airsoft gun. This Glock is the same weight and size, looks of a real glock, so I already know the feeling of a Glock, I just want to know if I can use this holster.

Onto the pics:

g23fandmag0ig.th.jpg

The gun.

And now some Holster shots:

wearingholster4nl.th.jpg glockandholster9aq.th.jpg closeup1uh.th.jpg

As you can see, the holster completly covers the trigger, and has a thumbreak (which I like a lot). It also attaches to my belt (the first pic) and has a strap that goes around my leg for added support. It was originally a Drop-Leg Holster, but I took off the extention, hence making it a Hip-Holster instead.

Thanks in advance! Let me know,

Cody

As you can see, the holster completly covers the trigger, and has a thumbreak (which I like a lot). It also attaches to my belt (the last pic) and has a strap that goes around my leg for added support. It was originally a Drop-Leg Holster, but I took off the extention, hence making it a Hip-Holster instead.

Welcome Cody,

As long as you where it at belt level, remove the leg tie-down, and make sure the thumb-break is secured at the start of each stage, that holster should be fine.

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you talking about I would have to remove the strap that goes around my leg, or just the Drop-Leg extension? Sorry, I'm very new to everything here.

No worries, we were all new at one point. You'd have to remove the strap that goes around your leg... it already appears from the photos (and from what you've said) that the Drop-Leg extension has already been removed. Unfortunately, holster "tie-downs" are not allowed.

Ah crap, that sucks. O well, life goes on.

Btw, how many mags do you guys usually use during a match (like one round). I wouldn't want to buy too many mags, nor to little. And if so, can you recommend me any mag holders (blet or whatever you guys use)? I know I have one extra in the front of my holster, but would I need more? And if I had more mags, would I need a speed loader?

Thanks for helping me out and being so helpful Gorilla.

Cody (if you would rather talk about this on AIM, or PM's, E-mail or something, let me know, I don't want to spam the boards)

That holster will work if your just getting started. Once you shoot a match or two you'll see what almost everyone else uses and you can buy accordingly, I've seen several folks show up with that style of holster.

I'd recommend a Blade-Tech holster and some Safariland mag holders. All that should come out to around $100. You shouldn't need more than about 5 magazines if you want to shoot either Limited and Production.

• 7 years later...