Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended Sights for Glock

comeandtakeit

SevignySightPicture.jpg

This is what I see when I'm shooting my G20SF Limited Gun. I run Sevigny's w/.115" wide fronts on all my Glocks.

I run the same. Great pic.

+1.

I've run the same ratio with a tighter "window" on my CZ's (.125" rear notch & .090" front) that kicked ass too, but the CZ rears only come serrated, the plain non-serrated Warren/Sevigny rear is subtle genius IMHO and wins hands down. Crisp, uncomplicated, almost downright elegant in how simple (though effective) it is.

It really is a personal preference thing. I typically for sights in the .110-.115 range for my front sights and a .115-.120 rear as I don't liike a ton of light on the sides. For me, If front is visible in the rear even if touching either side its good enough for a good hit. I shoot better and faster with this combo. Others shoot better with a thin front and huge rear. Try some combos out at the club and see what looks best

Meat,

Which sights are using exactly? Trying to see exactly which option you have. The below is from the web site.

Glock Plain Black Sights

FandRsightsW.jpgFront Sight: .115” wide x .215” OR .245″ tall, serrations, black oxide finish, 3/16” hex screw retention. Rear Sight: .130” OR .150″ wide x .120” rear notch, .245” tall, flat back drafted surface (no distracting points, edges or serrations) with nominal 1/8” radii corners, hardened steel, black oxide finish, dovetail press fit and stainless set screw for back-up retention. Drift adjustable rear only. (Rear Sights NOT Sold Separately)

I used to run the Sevigny .115 front / .150 rear.

I can't stand that much light. I switched to Dawson .125/.125 (yes, same notch width and front width) and I absolutely love it.

I got the .205 height front, and matched it with the plain black fixed rear. I centered the rear in the notch a couple nights ago and shot it this morning at a match. Wonderful difference. Nice Bomar-ish sight picture.

Meat,

Which sights are using exactly? Trying to see exactly which option you have. The below is from the web site.

Glock Plain Black Sights

FandRsightsW.jpgFront Sight: .115” wide x .215” OR .245″ tall, serrations, black oxide finish, 3/16” hex screw retention. Rear Sight: .130” OR .150″ wide x .120” rear notch, .245” tall, flat back drafted surface (no distracting points, edges or serrations) with nominal 1/8” radii corners, hardened steel, black oxide finish, dovetail press fit and stainless set screw for back-up retention. Drift adjustable rear only. (Rear Sights NOT Sold Separately)

I run the .150" notch rear, with .115" wide fronts on all my Glocks (front sight height varies from gun to gun. For this specific gun, I started with the Sevigny Competition Sight Set from CPWSA. My POI wasn't here it should be with the standard .215" tall front though. I used the DP calculation, and figured out I needed a .255" tall front for my gun, so I bought a DP .115 x .255 front. You can buy Sevigny rear sights at either website in the links below.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=800008E9-1212765497

http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm

Edited by MEAT

This is what I run on my G22 for matces. For a carry gun I would go with a 3 dot night site instead.

Sevigny Competiton from Warren Tactical. I use a plain black front, others prefer a fiber front. What I like about them is that the rear is slightly undercut which really cuts down on any glare.