Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 3GN Points Matches?

If you want to shoot pro, but dont want to shoot tac optics to get there, then shoot the divisional series and win it... That will get you a chance at the pro qualifier. If you dont want to shoot pro, then dont worry about shooting semi pro, since it is really just an avenue to make it to pro. If you have something constructive, or a legit question, bring it forward, otherwise please stop trolling

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the new rule changes for 2013:

"in 2013 3GN Semi-Pro competitors must shoot Tactical Optics in order to earn 3GN Semi-Pro points"

EPIC Fail. I guess I will just sign up for divisional. I hope this doesn't goat screw the other divisions though. Hate to think that nobody will be shooting Open or Heavy because 3GN wants everyone to shoot TO. Sucks too, because you can't sign up for divisional and amateur, just divisional and semi-pro.. how f*#king stupid is that.

If what 3 Gun Nation is doing is so terrible why not just shoot outlaw matches for fun and not sign up? That's what it's all about anyway, having fun, right?

I still don't understand the logic behind not wanting to shoot TO to become a pro when becoming a pro means you have to shoot only TO. If TO is so terrible why would you want to be a Pro at all?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

There are 15 matches participating. You could shoot every division and get 3 scores if you had the balls to do so.

At this point the 3GN train is bigger than any one of us. Either get on the bus or walk to school. Ill be racking up Pro Series points in 4/5 pro matches. And ill get 3 scores in HO, HI, and Open just to price to my myself which is more fun.

Do ovaries count? Aggressive telling anyone else how to do it is comical. Shoot your matches. Balls have nothing to do with it. You used to be a nice guy.

You are woefully uninformed on this topic just like the Larue match comment you made.

At no point has Jesse ever been a nice guy!

"in 2013 3GN Semi-Pro competitors must shoot Tactical Optics in order to earn 3GN Semi-Pro points"

EPIC Fail. I guess I will just sign up for divisional. I hope this doesn't goat screw the other divisions though. Hate to think that nobody will be shooting Open or Heavy because 3GN wants everyone to shoot TO. Sucks too, because you can't sign up for divisional and amateur, just divisional and semi-pro.. how f*#king stupid is that.

If what 3 Gun Nation is doing is so terrible why not just shoot outlaw matches for fun and not sign up? That's what it's all about anyway, having fun, right?

I still don't understand the logic behind not wanting to shoot TO to become a pro when becoming a pro means you have to shoot only TO. If TO is so terrible why would you want to be a Pro at all?

It is hard not to agree with Jesse's logic. It a question of do you want to race or just play. Both comprise our sport and both are equally important. 3gun nation is the only shooting sport that puts value in both and takes care of both at the prize table.

I wanna be a pro tac irons shooter like Kurt and Trappr

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My biggest disappointment is that I won't be able to call myself a semi-pro any longer. How will I pass out semi-pro tips if I'm only in the divisional series????

I'm going to sign up for the Limited Divisional Series but unfortunately due to cost issues, I'm only attending Texas Multigun and Fallen Brethren since they are 30 minutes and 5 hours away respectively. Plus I can RO those matches and shoot for free.

Ben

Whatever, it is what it is. I didn't say TO is "terrible" or anything like that. I said that forcing everyone to TO is bad for the sport in my opinion. Remember that the number of actual pro's is very small. The churn in the pro ranks is unlikely to be really big. That said, I am going to shoot Open, I will see how I measure up in the divisional series and I will have fun.

There are 15 matches participating. You could shoot every division and get 3 scores if you had the balls to do so.

At this point the 3GN train is bigger than any one of us. Either get on the bus or walk to school. Ill be racking up Pro Series points in 4/5 pro matches. And ill get 3 scores in HO, HI, and Open just to price to my myself which is more fun.

Do ovaries count? Aggressive telling anyone else how to do it is comical. Shoot your matches. Balls have nothing to do with it. You used to be a nice guy.

So I'm a mean guy because I suggested that someone with big balls could qualify and theoretically have 300 points in ever divisional race? I always enjoy a good personal attack on the internet. It makes everyone so much better off. Just for the record I still think you guys are nice even though we disagree on some of the 3GN stuff.

Any of the top 5-10 pros could easily shoot 3 matches in each division, win everytime and then decide which Division he wanted to have written on the top of his big $5,000 check at SHOT show in 2014. I think it would be pretty comical and would make a HUGE statement as to how dominant he is in the sport. Obviously it would take some creative division selection based off of which match has the most competition but its possible.

Along those same lines I forsee more ties this year in the division races. It would be easy for 2-3 guys to shoot 3 matches each and acquire the 300 points to tie for the lead in the division. They would never actually have to shoot against each other at the same match either. That was my plan last year in HO. If I wasnt good or lucky enough to beat Barry head to head I was going to shoot more matches than him and get 4 or 5 wins at matches he couldn't attend. Then it all comes down to those tie breakers. Could be pretty interesting!

A lot boils down to how many matches are you willing and able to go shoot to get your points or title? Last year my good buddy Mike Chambers was sitting in the top 4 in the semi pro all year. Unfortunately he only shot 1 of the last 4-5 matches of the year. That allowed two guys to sneak past him. They may or may not be better shooters than he is but they had the time and resources to shoot their way past him and into the semi pro shoot off in Vegas.

I too hope that tge semi pro, lady, junior and amatuer shooters get to sign up for both divisional and their other category next season. The more people competing in the smaller divisions, especially HMO means more prizes on the prize tables. It's kind of a bummer win you win your division but could have finished top 15 in TO and won a more expensive prize.

Whatever, it is what it is. I didn't say TO is "terrible" or anything like that. I said that forcing everyone to TO is bad for the sport in my opinion. Remember that the number of actual pro's is very small. The churn in the pro ranks is unlikely to be really big. That said, I am going to shoot Open, I will see how I measure up in the divisional series and I will have fun.

I don't like having Jerry, Clint, Mike, Barry, James and all those other non TO guys in TO either! Im just glad Kurt, Kelly and a few other dont play 3GN cause i would move further down the list. But its the only way to have a head to head competition if the guns and gear is all the same.

A lot boils down to how many matches are you willing and able to go shoot to get your points or title? Last year my good buddy Mike Chambers was sitting in the top 4 in the semi pro all year. Unfortunately he only shot 1 of the last 4-5 matches of the year. That allowed two guys to sneak past him. They may or may not be better shooters than he is but they had the time and resources to shoot their way past him and into the semi pro shoot off in Vegas.

It's kind of a bummer win you win your division but could have finished top 15 in TO and won a more expensive prize.

I'm really glad the Semi-Pro series moved to Tac Optics only. Since Semi-Pro is the "gateway" to the Pro series, it only makes sense that prospective Pro shooters be evaluated by one standard - Tac Optics.

I shot Tac Optics in the Semi-Pro race exclusively last season, except for the FB3G match - where I shot Heavy Metal Optics and picked up 95 points, which helped boost me to a 7th place finish in the Semi-Pro Series. Now even though I finished 7th, the reality is that several shooters farther down that list shot Tac Optics exclusively and, I must admit, are better shooters than I am. Honestly, I'd feel a bit guilty about participating in the Vegas Semi-Pro shoot-off, knowing that shooters with more talent, who shot Tac Optics exclusively, didn't get the chance.

I'm excited for everyone who'll get to shoot the 2013 Season. I probably won't be back in CONUS until late JUL or early AUG, so RM3G is very questionable for me - which sucks because it's one of my favorite matches. I hope to shoot the FB3G match, and possibly the BRM3G next year. Hope everyone enjoys their 3Gun addiction in 2013!!

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

That's great that there are different matches to shoot for the Divisional. But I thought the rules said Semi-pro can't register for the Divisional. I could easily be wrong on that and it would make a lot of sense that they change that now that SP is TO only.

You are correct, SP and AM were not last year, and I have seen nothing different this year, allowed to also shoot divisional.

That part I don't get since you are allowed to shoot in Pro AND divisional!

That's great that there are different matches to shoot for the Divisional. But I thought the rules said Semi-pro can't register for the Divisional. I could easily be wrong on that and it would make a lot of sense that they change that now that SP is TO only.

You are correct, SP and AM were not last year, and I have seen nothing different this year, allowed to also shoot divisional.

You can sign up for SP and Divisional. Just not AM and Divisional. I just signed up for divisional for next year and it would have let me sign up for SP, I just didn't since it would be a waste as I won't be shooting TO at any matches.

My biggest disappointment is that I won't be able to call myself a semi-pro any longer. How will I pass out semi-pro tips if I'm only in the divisional series????

I'm going to sign up for the Limited Divisional Series but unfortunately due to cost issues, I'm only attending Texas Multigun and Fallen Brethren since they are 30 minutes and 5 hours away respectively. Plus I can RO those matches and shoot for free.

Ben

Yes, now that is quite a dilema!!! Ok, i have to change my positon then because to just lose one semi-pro with his advice would be like losing a great Zen Master and Kun-Fu artist

You can sign up for SP and Divisional. Just not AM and Divisional. I just signed up for divisional for next year and it would have let me sign up for SP, I just didn't since it would be a waste as I won't be shooting TO at any matches.

Which makes no sense

While I understand the limitation of Semi-Pro to TacOps only, it would have been nice if the announcement had been a month ago. Now to redo all my gear!

Lol.... Im with you there, except I just have to change a couple of applications. I was going to shoot TI for the first half of the year, and TO the second half

It may have let you do it, but in the very first line of the divisional rules, it specifically says that you cannot shoot SP or AM, and Divisional

This is getting interesting. I have always said that qualifying for a Nascar race running a drag car is totally crazy. I am the guy who shot tac ops all year hoping to see if I was good enough for the pro series qual match and therefore good enough for the pro series.

What happened towards the last part of 2012 is lots of tac ops shooters shot other divisions at matches I was at to try to gain more semi-pro points. People asked me, "why don't you do the same," and I said, just like above, why would I try to qual for the pro series shooting gear other than the same required for where I am trying to go.

What did that get me? You have to get in the top 25 to qual for the match. Me.....27.....were there people above me with less shooting skill...Hell I have no idea....but I do know that if the rules stay the way proposed that question will not be asked in 2013....

And all this comes from a guy who just spend 2K on a heavy gun because of the above....You gotta love this sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacob

The idea of Semi-pro being TO only makes sense, as it's a qualifier for the TO-only pro series. What doesn't make sense, is not allowing a shooter to shoot the Divisional series and the Semi-pro or Amateur series. There are a ton of affiliated matches now, you could allow a Semi-pro shooter to leave the TO gear at home for a few matches and shoot a different division for just Divisional series points. If a shooter is willing to shoot 6 or more matches (which a lot of folks do now), he/she should be able to post 3 scores in each division. I'm not sure what disallowing Semi-pros out of the Divisional series (but allowing Pro shooters in?) is trying to accomplish.

DanO

This is getting interesting. I have always said that qualifying for a Nascar race running a drag car is totally crazy. I am the guy who shot tac ops all year hoping to see if I was good enough for the pro series qual match and therefore good enough for the pro series.

What happened towards the last part of 2012 is lots of tac ops shooters shot other divisions at matches I was at to try to gain more semi-pro points. People asked me, "why don't you do the same," and I said, just like above, why would I try to qual for the pro series shooting gear other than the same required for where I am trying to go.

What did that get me? You have to get in the top 25 to qual for the match. Me.....27.....were there people above me with less shooting skill...Hell I have no idea....but I do know that if the rules stay the way proposed that question will not be asked in 2013....

And all this comes from a guy who just spend 2K on a heavy gun because of the above....You gotta love this sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacob

I did the same thing and shot all Tac ops. I think it's reasonable to require semi-pro to shoot tac ops as a standard. If you are serious about making the cutoff at the qualifier match, it seems you would want a first hand look at how you stack up against those in your division to avoid a disapointment in Florida. That was my rationalization anyway. I figure if I can make the top 17 out of all the semi-pros, I have a good shot at the top 16 at the qualifier. Although, there are some fantastic shooters vying for those 16 spots. Either way, 2013 will be a fun year! Maybe they scheduled two of the Pro matches on weekends with big matches so those who don't make it in Florida would have something to do!

Maybe they scheduled two of the Pro matches on weekends with big matches so those who don't make it in Florida would have something to do!

That would assume that MDs actually look at calendars and try to avoid conflicts...but it did make me laugh. :roflol: