Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What pistol should I get?

match308

I shoot mostly outlaw threegun and tactical matches. My last match, I performed poorly with my Glock 34, so I feel the need to invest. I am considering an STI Tactical 5" in 9mm? I need to be able to attach a TLR light for lowlight matches.. Any reason why this would be a bad move? And where should I buy one? Thanks for any advice.

Unless you are sold on the 1911 platform, I would go with a CZ SP01 Shadow from the CZCustom.com shop. You can add a light for low light matches to the rail and you would be hard pressed to find a more accurate pistol for the money. Best pistols I have ever shot.

:)

I shoot mostly outlaw threegun and tactical matches. My last match, I performed poorly with my Glock 34, so I feel the need to invest. I am considering an STI Tactical 5" in 9mm? I need to be able to attach a TLR light for lowlight matches.. Any reason why this would be a bad move? And where should I buy one? Thanks for any advice.

Generally match performance has more to do with you than your gun. No offense. A 2011 is easier to shoot well but its not a night and day difference.

Pat

Thanks guys. I am set on the 1911. I know that it's not just the equipment (no offense at all) . I am much faster/ accurate with my buddies Infinity than with my Glock 34. I have decided to be better at giving myself more range time too.

Thanks guys. I am set on the 1911. I know that it's not just the equipment (no offense at all) . I am much faster/ accurate with my buddies Infinity than with my Glock 34. I have decided to be better at giving myself more range time too.

Cool then you will love your new 2011.

Pat

I'd get a Kimber Stainless Pro TLE II, Stainless TLE II, or Gold Combat RL II if it were my money.

Not enough capacity for 3-gun, unless you are shooting HM, where they require a .45. :surprise:

Unless you are sold on the 1911 platform, I would go with a CZ SP01 Shadow from the CZCustom.com shop. You can add a light for low light matches to the rail and you would be hard pressed to find a more accurate pistol for the money. Best pistols I have ever shot.

:)

+1

Where I ended up after trying an M&P Pro, Glock 34, 1911, XDm, Sig 226. All of which were heavily modified/enhanced during the time I was shooting them, except for the Sig.

ETA: The CZ also points very similar to a 1911.

Edited by carbon9