Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 MGM Ironman

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fresh back from ironman.

Epic experience. My squad was full of Grade A shooters, including the Army team.

Tyler Payne shot Trooper and flat our destroyed everyone. Sweeney and Horner were also unbelievable.

We also had a numbered of sponsored shooters from Noveske and POF.

It was a pleasure to watch them all shoot.

Mark Hanish won scope tac. Daniel Horner was second. Great match, the highlight was watching Stephanie Payne and Tawnee Torres carry the 150 pound dummy to the next bay and place it on the sniper hooch roof. It was heavy enough it brought Steph to her knees when she first lifted it. She did not give up. Ro told us a lot of men gave up or passed all together.

Doug, they threw out the surprise stage, but Practice seems to show the golf cart stage missing. Confusing for sure. I understand why they did it, but throwing that stage out cost me 9 spots. :(

How well did you do on that stage? Would have took 75 points to move 9 spots

Doug, they threw out the surprise stage, but Practice seems to show the golf cart stage missing. Confusing for sure. I understand why they did it, but throwing that stage out cost me 9 spots. :(

How well did you do on that stage? Would have took 75 points to move 9 spots

Before the suprise stage was thrown out I was 18th, after it was thrown out I moved to 19th, but I walked 24th. Not sure what is going on, but it appears we didn't walk in the order we finished.

Why was the surprise stage thrown out for the ST match? I guess if people shot both matches and already did it once without any changes the surprise would be spoiled.

I personally didn't upload video of it yet because I didn't want anyone having knowledge of what it was before hand.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Exactly right. To give you an idea, we had a repeat shooter shoot it in 137. The people that this hurt complained and it got tossed. The bigger issue to me though, is the mess with the prize table. Not sure how it happened, and if or how you fix it at this point, but that is not how anyone wanted to finish up the weekend, for sure.

It should have been changed for the second match, that way people that shot both matches wouldn't have had an advantage. It moved me up one place by removing Stage 9 but dropped me 3 places by removing Stage10. What I'd really like to see is Stage 4a removed which was my worst stage because I didn't have anybody calling time for me.

Shouldn't have gone, glad I did, I'll be paying for this for a while

Golf cart stage was the best, just because I didn't have to walk as much :)

Thanks to all the ROs that really helped me make it each stage

And all the squad members on 204 that helped me finish the match, and not kill my self in the process, and cutting me some serious slack on stage resets..

Ok - someone know the real story on the dummy. What did it weigh? I've heard everything from 80 to 150 - my guess was 100-110 or so?

Are the stage results posted anywhere?

Stage results are on practiscore. They dropped the blind stage due to concerns with people shooting both events. When they dropped the stage they fubared it but corrected later in the night last night. As for the prize table that is done, no going back.

They couldn't change the surprise stage between matches because there were several shooters that shot scope tactical in the first match. It was a fun stage, and deleting it dropped me a place. They had a tough choice to make. One I'm glad I didn't have to.

Darkone,

Like I told you yesterday on Facebook....if your not happy with the prize you got off the table let me know who walked in 19th and ill get their prize from them and send it to you.

If you've got a problem, bitching on the enos forum isn't going to get anything accomplished other than me making sure you never shoot this match again. If you have a problem, ask me and ill do what I can to fix it.

Darkone,

Like I told you yesterday on Facebook....if your not happy with the prize you got off the table let me know who walked in 19th and ill get their prize from them and send it to you.

If you've got a problem, bitching on the enos forum isn't going to get anything accomplished other than me making sure you never shoot this match again. If you have a problem, ask me and ill do what I can to fix it.

Travis, sorry if it came off as bitching, I'm just trying to figure out what is going on. Even if we could, I have no intention to swap prizes. What's done is done.

They couldn't change the surprise stage between matches because there were several shooters that shot scope tactical in the first match. It was a fun stage, and deleting it dropped me a place. They had a tough choice to make. One I'm glad I didn't have to.

I forgot that some shot TO in the first match. It's always a tough decision to drop a stage. Even though I didn't shoot it well, I really like surprise stages.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

I walked the table 20th...didn't know I was in the middle of so much drama until I was half way accross Montana (LOL). I shot on the squad with the guys in question, great shooters( who sponsored the match BTW) but I honestly don't think their knowledge of that stage changed their overall results much one way or the other. Its not about the prize table anyway.

I was a first time ironman shooter(second time major 3 gun match shooter), had an awesome expirence and am stoked out of my mind to have finished top 20. Can't wait for next year!

Thanks to Travis, Eric, and all the rest of the crew for putting on such an epic event!!!!

Fantastic match!!! Awesome RO's and probably the best squad ever!

Thank you to Warne Tactical for my new scope mount!!! And the BBQ You guys rock!

Thanks to all of you that gave so much so we could play! You have to love this sport to put on a match you "hate" and I am greatful that you continue to do it.

Great match! Thanks to all the staff and sponsors for putting forth the effort to make it a fun and challenging event. I accomplished my goal (barely by 3 points) - It's all about having fun and beating the folks you travel with :cheers:

Thanks MGM for putting on another great match! See you all next year.