Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Cowtown Classic 2013

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like march double tap weather Friday

Err... Yes but wait it's May :-(

Checked into a hotel in Granbury. Temp is 42 degrees and falling. Slight mist felt like little ice pellets. Local news is calling this record breaking lows for early May. Just our luck.

But all forecasts call for warming trends into the weekend. But prepare for cold early morning weather. Saturday at 7 AM is forecast at 48 degrees.

See you at the range.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

It was a little chilly yesterday morning... 38 degrees and windy, but we only needed gloves for the first couple stages. After that it warmed up and got nicer.

Excellent stages, nice range. You have to be able to shoot (and run) to do well. Not much 3-yard-array hosing here.

Finally - made it home (to my bed for the night) - showered - and grabbed a cold one.

This match was FANTASTIC. One of the best I've ever shot. Steve, Brian, Ken, Larry, and everyone else I'm forgetting did an AMAZING job!!! The stages were simply amazing! Kudos Steve!

RO'd today (Flex you would be proud) and everyone did their job to move things along great. Enjoyed meeting everyone and had fun watching so many great shooters run through our stage!

Until next time!

This was one of the best matches, both stages and staff, I have had the pleasure of shooting. I shot yesterday with the RO's and had an absolute blast! Thanks to everyone involved and really look forward to next year!!

Hey everyone thanks for coming out to The Cowtown Classic, we are glad you all enjoyed the match. We need to give the MD, and RM about a month to rest so we can get started on next years CTC.

The final scores have been posted on uspsa.org http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=7924

Edited by kaiserb

I want to thank all of the match staff for working hard to produce a fun, fair, and challenging match. I had a great time and squad 5 was awesome!!! I hope I can make it out again next year.

All I can think about right now is what a blast I had this weekend, shooting, working and just being at this match.

Steve and Ken-- it was awesome to spend so much time around you guys on Friday and Saturday. Truly a pleasure.

Brian-- the most efficient work with stats I've ever seen, despite some problematic Nooks here and there.

My fellow ROs-- I never noticed a serious bottleneck anywhere, which certainly speaks to your efficiency and hard work.

Cha-lee -- why you had to be the last shooter of my day, on the longest (running) course of the match, and surprise the crap out of me with your speed... I'll never know. Thanks for the sore calves.

I got to meet some great new people, catch up with some old favorites, associate some names with faces, and enjoyed the best single collection of stages I've ever shot... all in the same place. Thanks to everyone who made it happen!