Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Colt 3 Man 3 Gun Championships

The apps have been rolling in. I have two full squads plus already. J. Jones is working on the prize table and I am sure it will be better than last year. I am already designing stages and have a few new props I am working on that could prove to be pretty interesting. I have made a decision to allow the removal and attachment of bipods throughout the match. If they start for a stage they must stay on for the entire stage. Since we are all shooting one division it really doesnt matter anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on sponsors who have signed on as part of this match. Thanks to all these companies for signing on to a great series.

Colt

Noveske

Lancer

FNHUSA

Troy

Magpul

Spikes Tactical

Geissele

Freedom Munitions

Schmidt Bender

Comp-tac

Stag Arms

Nordic Comp

KITANICA

DSG Arms

Bravo Company USA

Rainier Arms

Choate

and more... will update this list once I have another batch of people to post.

Get your teams app in, this years prize table is already shaping up to exceed last years by quite a ways.

Edited by cold

The matches will be somewhat close to Harrisburg. Somebody ought to call all the sponsors that pulled out of the Outdoor show and see if they want to reallocate their funds to this event! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have some questions about this teamed event.

So it seems, from the sample video of last year, that each member of the team uses one of the 3 guns. Does this mean that is the case for every stage? Every stage will require one member to shoot one of the 3 guns?

Do the team members have to shoot the same gun for every match? Or are they forced to rotate to different guns?

If the team members have to shoot a different gun each stage does it have to be the same gun? For example. Team members ABC. They shoot Shotgun, Rifle, Pistol in that order. A=Shotgun, B=Rifle and C=pistol.

Ont he next stage, if it is required to rotate to different guns, the A=rifle, B=Shotgun, C=Pistol. Now who's gun are they shooting next? I would assume if there is no rotating out to different guns, then who ever shoots shotgun would use their own shotgun all the time.

If rotating to a different gun each stage do you force the team member to use the shotgun, from a previous stage, that they might not be familiar with?

Does that make sense?

Sorry for confusing this haha.

Oh also it said that there will only be Tac Ops. Will there be a heavy TacOps too? or everyone will be under one division?

Edited by Solscud007

You may shoot any number of guns on any stage. Some stages we all shot all our guns. Some stages we each shot different guns. Some stages two of us shot shotgun and the other pistol. Some stages were pistol/rifle for one guy and rifle/shotgun for the other two. For the first 3 stages it was required everyone shoot something different, then after that you could decide who shot what on what stage.

Originally there was a stage where you'd have to shoot someone else's gun, but Dean took that out, thankfully.

Edited by waktasz

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. The application lists two days for the match at Peacemaker. Do the teams need to attend both days? It's not a problem, just wondering.

Tim

Edited by T Bacus

Quick question. The application lists two days for the match at Peacemaker. Do the teams need to attend both days? It's not a problem, just wondering.

Tim

Last year we shot the Peacemaker match on Saturday with awards and side shotgun match on Sunday morning. Saturday moved smooth and I think we were done shooting by 4-5:00.