Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8th Annual 2013 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on round count?

thanks

Unless you're flying, my suggestion is bring a minimum of 200 rds for each weapon. Although they haven't used slugs in awhile, never hurt to throw a couple of boxes in, just in case.

It may be worth it to email Ken and see how many are in the division, and what it would take to have a complete division instead of being lumped into TO. Could be a good opportunity for 3GN Divisional and Semi-pro points if no pros make it.

Anyone know if there is still openings. Brother got out of Marine Corps early and hoping to make this a family affair

Jacob

There should be. I had to back out - my son has a school program the Friday I didn't want to miss. Problem is finding a place to stay - one of the local colleges if graduating that weekend.

This is my first time shooting this match and I haven't seen rules like these before:

---2.6 Leaving a loaded firearm in a safety barrel or box will result in a Match DQ. Loaded firearm means any

round(s) left in an inserted magazine or tube or in the chamber.

I assume that we are allowed to burn extra rounds into the berm then?

---2.8 A stage DQ will be issued for dropping an unloaded gun or leaving an unloaded detachable magazine in

a gun.

Is this new? DQ'd for leaving a totally empty/safe weapon with an empty mag in it? Is this a "host range" rule or is this a common thing for matches in that area? I suppose it would save some time in making the range clear for resetting the stage...

This is my first time shooting this match and I haven't seen rules like these before:

---2.6 Leaving a loaded firearm in a safety barrel or box will result in a Match DQ. Loaded firearm means any

---2.8 A stage DQ will be issued for dropping an unloaded gun or leaving an unloaded detachable magazine in

a gun.

Is this new? DQ'd for leaving a totally empty/safe weapon with an empty mag in it? Is this a "host range" rule or is this a common thing for matches in that area? I suppose it would save some time in making the range clear for resetting the stage...

wow really? might reconsider this one then

a gun.

wow really? might reconsider this one then

thought for sure you had to be joking...but it says it!

So we have to clear all firearms before dumping them? That is going to catch a lot of us that have developed abandonment habits over the past few years. I would also like to see a round count since we are coming up on this soon and need to make plans.

Monthly matches at that range we have had the "safe or empty" abandonment rule in place since last year's MW3G, and I was at all but maybe one of those matches.

Monthly matches in March and April were rained out this year, so there may have been a rule change since February that I am unaware of.

Hopefully Ken will be along to clarify.

Ken

Any room left for 1 more. I sent app today for my brother who got out of Marine Corps early and can now make it

Jacob

If he is your brother they will need to make room for more that 1! :goof: