Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bogus Friend Request

Whitefish

About a week ago, I received the first message from a relatively new member (avatar Ping Jockey) that he was starting a personal conversation/friend request from me. When I checked, he had been added to my friend list. I have no clue as to who this member is and did not send any such friend request. This went on four times and each time I just deleted him as a friend. Finally (last night), I replied to him that I did not have a clue as to who he is and to please stop sending friend requests. He replied that I sent it to him (not the other way around) and he was just being polite in replying, but would not again. I answered that I had made no new friend request in the last several years and it did not come from me. My question is why is this happening when I am sending no friend request??? His first PM to me came out of the blue.

What bothers me is that it appears someone apparently either hacked the system and is sending bogus friend requests from me or there is a database error causing these to go out from me when I am not sending any friend requests or PM's. I'm using Chrome Browser from my Macbook running OS X 10.7.5 if you need that info. Thanks for looking into this.

Can you invite me to your PM with him?

Sure-how do you do the invite?

That was for Whitefish.

But if you open the PM and look for a box on the left that says add participants.

I thought I was about to learn something really cool but there is no such block on any of my PM's.

Ping Jockey here...Sorry to get in on this a little late, but this is what I think happened.

I use a MacBook Pro with a trak pad. If the cursor happens to be sitting on a "clickable" part of the screen and you place your hand back on the pad without paying attention, you can inadvertently click it. If you have friends set to automatically add without approval, and the friend button, below the avatar gets clicked...well you get the picture. Couple that with the confusing message that you get back ("xxxx has started a PM with you".."XXXX has added you as a friend"). Sooo i just hit the friend button again. :roflol: Anywho...I think that's what happened.

Or maybe it's just that I'm old and senile. :cheers: