Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SC World Shoot 2012 - Frostproof, FL

pmd

SCSA World Shoot 2012, November 1 – 4, 2012 – Frostproof, Florida.

Have not heard too much about this match.

Is anyone planning on going?

If you've heard any info or details please post..

I will be going. Any info you might need is on the SCSA website.

Thanks - looking for info in addition to what's on the website.

Like how many side matches and by which companies.

Being this is the first World SC match in Florida wondering if the expected numbers of shooters is more or less than what's been in CA.

Etc..

• 4 weeks later...

Sixty some in Open and Open Revolver combined - the ones really competing in the Main Match.

I guess the old "charge the masses an outrageous match fee to create a cash prize pool for the big boys" isn't working so good any more.

Steel Challenge is dying. Maybe already dead.

Sixty some in Open and Open Revolver combined - the ones really competing in the Main Match.

I guess the old "charge the masses an outrageous match fee to create a cash prize pool for the big boys" isn't working so good any more.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it! The Steel Challenge almost died the first time when it was moved away from Piru and had to be brought back to life and back to Piru.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it! The Steel Challenge almost died the first time when it was moved away from Piru and had to be brought back to life and back to Piru.

This decline is entirely due to the move from California.

That quarter million isn't looking like such a good deal now

If you're talking about how much USPSA paid, I heard it was $100k. I'm gonna buy it back and move it back to Piru when I hit the lottery.

Seiichi

Yup the soul of SC is here in so cal...

No body but us really cares about it.

I hope they bring it back :)

That's a bold statement and pretty far from the truth..

The numbers speak for them selves, attendance at piru was at least double..

There's way more people in California willing to shoot this match than in the hole country combined..

Looks like our litle "West Coast Steel Challenge Championship Match" had better attendance than the World Championship..

Edited by carlosa

From what I heard (and you can take this with a grain or two of salt) they moved the match to the east coast hoping it would be attended by the europeans and east coast folks.

I'm holding off on making a verdict until next year.

For me personally, it's more of an issue of the time of year as opposed to the location. With there not being any school holidays around that time of year, we just couldn't make it. I totally understand that Florida in the end of August (original match date) wouldn't be too pleasant from a weather perspective so I see why the date changed. However, that time of year is hard for folks with kids in school that want to shoot the match to attend.

Yup the soul of SC is here in so cal...

No body but us really cares about it.

I hope they bring it back :)

That's a bold statement and pretty far from the truth..

+1 Paul, if somebody really cares about the match, they are going to travel to it no matter where it is held.