Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bill drill time

Matthew_Mink

hows the trigger reset on that CZ? pretty amazing time...lots of those comp gun guys cant do that.

How much of the improvement do you suppose was due to the extra weight, you were shooting a glock, right?

Steve, I think anybody that can do a sub-2 with anything is one heck of a shooter.

harmon, the reset is somewhat similar to the Glock, so I didn't have to relearn much there. I do think the extra weight is what makes the gun much easier to shoot. It's also balanced nice.

The only major thing this pistol has had done to it is trigger work that Angus did. DA is nice and smooth at 5.5# or so, and SA is somewhere around 1.5#. I'm gonna measure them tonight and see. Also got a set of the factory walnut grips that feel really nice. I'm currently using a Bladetech D&O that Angus loaned me until my own comes in. I did find that I get a better grip on the gun while in the holster than I used to get on the G34, I think that makes a big difference also. I should be getting an awesome set of sights for it when Angus gets back from the Euro championship.

Is he able to change where the trigger resets? One of the thing about the stock CZ is the funky, long reset where the trigger breaks at a noticeably different place for double action vs. single (and it's the opposite of what you're expect).

glock chose the angle because its supposed to be the easiest to shoot well....smith and wesson 5906 has sweet reset,,,better than 1911.

glock smith and 1911 all have good triggers...

stuff like berretta, sig, that ugly Springfield XD and others leave alot to be desired.

my7 yard bill drill times hover around 2 seconds...i can get them lower, but it aint clean. :(

"stuff like berretta, sig, that ugly Springfield XD and others leave alot to be desired."

I totally disagree. It's the indian not the arrow. Put any gun in a good shooter's hands and they will smoke the not so good shooter with the best gun.

"stuff like berretta, sig, that ugly Springfield XD and others leave alot to be desired."

I totally disagree. It's the indian not the arrow. Put any gun in a good shooter's hands and they will smoke the not so good shooter with the best gun.

That's obvious, but compare two shooters with equal ability and the gun is going to make a difference over the long term.

harmon is right about S&W, though ... best double action trigger and double action reset in the business, in my opinion. Not as good as a 1911, but better than its competition. If I wanted to do really well in Production, in addition to practicing more, I'd get a S&W 5906.

• 2 months later...

CZs are really fantastic guns; I have been saying that for years here on brianenos.com Do a search on CZ 75 or CZ 85 & you will find many many posts about how great these guns are. Reset in SA is very short & they respond to the same tuning tricks as a 1911 for SA.

They compare favorably to John Browning's High Power; if you buy a new HP today, there will not be a barrel "hood" like there once was, but the slide will still have a 1/2 round cut out for the "hood" of earlier HPs - & that is the set-up on the CZ (old HP-style barrel hood).

The guns are already excellent & when the new SP-01 comes out, they will be THE guns to shoot in Production. Look out for the Standard IPSC in Limited now too. Regards, D.

Man, that is rocking. I couldn't ever really crank with a CZ-type action, but then I was coming from ss-type triggers. I found I shot the CZ-type trigger very well in the 7-20yd zone, however. It just seemed to handle nicely at that tempo.

be

I like my CZ-75 very well. But after 2 years, I still have a few mystery shots that I cannot call. Shots where the sights seemed to be there, but the shot goes wide. I feel certain that it's trigger control giving me the problem and it doesn't happen with any of my other guns. I don't shoot the CZ in competition much because I haven't overcome this tendency yet. Has anyone else had this problem?

You mean like the time I tried to shoot the IDPA classifier with my CZ and I had all those unexplainable points down? I can shoot my CZ well if I devote all of my effort to that gun. I guess I'll find out soon. I am down to a single stack and the CZ. Sold everything else.