Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

B&P slugs

Romans 13 4

It would appear that B&P have slugs back in stock. It also appears they changed the shell. Does anyone know if it is the same load in a different box/hull or is it a completely different load (shot size,fps etc)? I was one of the late arrivals to B&P and could never find any to purchase and try in my Benelli. If it's the same load I'm wiling to take a shot rolleyes.gif and try them out.

Thanks,

Gordon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. Color of the shell in the photo is different then the old blue shells and when I went to order some I noticed in the description it is listed as a 2.5" shell instead of a 2 3/4". May be a typo but I haven't had time to find out.

I never shot the old ones but had planned to. They had stopped making them when I went to order some.

I ordered some of the new ones and they are much more accurate than the Remington load I had been shooting. The new ones work great in my SLP.

I never shot the old ones but had planned to. They had stopped making them when I went to order some.

I ordered some of the new ones and they are much more accurate than the Remington load I had been shooting. The new ones work great in my SLP.

That is good news because I know 3 SLP/SX2 owners including me that gave up on the blue ones. Very accurate, very soft but would not run reliably. I'll watch this for more reliability posts.

Kamper can you tell any difference in recoil and accuracy between the old blue ones and the new green ones ?

Can't remember, I was running my M2 w/XRail at the time, the blue wouldn't cycle it, so I gave up on them.

The new ones are very soft shooting. :cheers:

Remember, the old b&p slugs were longer than a normal 2 3/4" slug. I found out the hard way when capacity was -1.

The new ones are the same size as STS's and a tick longer (1/10th") than Fed low recoil slugs.

I ordered some of these months ago and never received them. I finally emailed them this week and asked what was going on. This was the response I got...

"Hi Jesse,

Yes, we have actually just received these reduced recoil slugs back in stock. The specifications have changed slightly. The new load is:

12ga 2 1/2inch 1oz 1200 fps (Case of 250 Rds)

Here is the info on our website as well:

http://www.bandpusa.com/b-p-slug/

The price has gone up since the case is now 250 rds instead of 200 rds. I can offer them to you at $129.95, instead of the retail price of $139.95 if you would still like some of these loads. Let me know and I would be happy to process your backorder. Thank you!"

I will now be ordering 3-4 cases because that price is very right.

I'm curious to see if these are anywhere close to the soft recoil I get from my favorite Fiocchi 1150 fps slugs.

Am curious how they feel and shoot. Also curious about the length of the shell. I just measured one of the old blue ones at 2.398". By comparison, the fiocchi come in at 2.375". Doesn't seem like much but it can tie up an xrail or result in less capacity in yer tube. Ask me how I know. :blush: