Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

an old ww11 vet looking for conversation.

knh

:devil: waiting on my new dillon press am like a kid in a candy store.have owned two lee pro 1000 over a period of some 30 yrs. loaded 9mm and now 40sw.the last 1000 was a nit picker to keep tuned and loading correct.so talked my self into a dillon after much talking to my self on what to purchase.have had good advice from friends that have loaded commerically for yrs with dillon presses and on this forum from members that responded promtly and with positive answers.I live in my home state of fl. right after my discharge in 1948 from the Usn was a gm stricker that fired and maintained 50 cal MG 20mm cannons and 40 mm cannons and of course the small arms lockers inventory.enough bush wa from I.

You'll love the Dillon. Which one did you order?

I know what you mean about the Lee pro 1000. I had a Pro 1000 that I bought used as my first progressive. That press ran great for a while,,,then started acting up. I ran into the same thing, eventually, I was doing more tinkering than loading. The straw that broke the camel's back was a squib (that nobody heard) in the middle of a USPSA match, I cleared the malfunction and went to shooting away. I was lucky,,,,I didn't even know a squib had occurred till I went to clean the gun that night and found a very slight bulge in the barrel just barely passed the chamber. I was shooting really light loads in a Glock 22. The Glock ran after that malfunction about another 100 or so rounds that day without a problem. BUT, if you looke real close you can see tiny cracks all around that barrel. That was probably 10 years ago, that barrel sits on my desk as a reminder....

I was LUCKY,,,,,I ordered a Dillon the next day and sent the Lee to bio-degrade in a dump somewhere.....

Byron

1948 Navy vet. Now that deserves a big thanks for your service, plus welcome to the forums. Have a good time loading on the Dillon and feel free to ask for any help you need. :cheers:

1948 Navy vet. Now that deserves a big thanks for your service, plus welcome to the forums. Have a good time loading on the Dillon and feel free to ask for any help you need. :cheers:

AMEN!!!!

KNH,

First things first... thank you for your service. My hat's off to you sir!

Welcome to the forums where you will find the most information regarding competitive shooting and reloading anywhere as well as the most civilized and friendly folks around.

Pat