Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 FNH USA 3G

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great time shooting my first FNH match.

More importantly, I learned a lot while working as an RO on Stage 5.

Many thanks to Jim, Dan, Ken, Dave, Allen and Paul for sharing the work and the laughs. I look forward to seeing all of you next year.

I've shot and worked a lot of matches and this one is at the top of the heap right alongside Crimson Trace. Larry, Howard and AJ certainly work their butts off to make this match happen. AJ, the Quartemaster, is one of those guys a lot of the competitors don't even realize is there working in the background, but that is a good thing, it means he is doing his job. THANKS AJ!

To all the staff, thanks so much for your hard work! While the stage 6 ROs hit it out of the park, there were a lot of stages running ahead of schedule, ROs working through lunch to get the afternoon Saturday squads completed before the rain. The vast majority of the time, when I arrived at a stage for a call or a DQ, the CRO had the rulebook out, showed me the rule and told me their call. I know no-one likes DQs, but it illustrates that this RO group was one of the best anywhere. Thank you all for your work.

The competitors were great as well. There were only a few small "uncomfortable" situations. When competitors are DQ'd and still thank me with a smile on their face, that says a lot about the atmosphere of the match and 3Gun competitors in general.

While my shooting was the worst performance for me in 3 years, there were still guns on the table when I walked. Larry assembled the absolute richest prize table anywhere. Thanks so much to all of the sponsors!

To Chris F., way to keep your foot on the base! That was awesome!

Is there video of Chris F.'s Stage 7? I want to share it with a few people.

His attitude is inspiring.

I am sure one will get posted. I got to see it in person and I had a grin for like 30 minutes. There were at least 4 or 5 people that got video.

Had a great time. Fun stages and great range crew. Appreciate everything that was done from Larry on down. Wish I would have had time to shoot some of the side matches but didn't get to. Did get to shoot the USPSA match though so it was a full few days. Looking forward to next year.

Some videos of my team mate Tony and myself on our Youtube page if anyone wanted to watch. I am fairly new to 3 gun so don't hold them against me LOL Tony did well at 29th place but I was way up at 93rd.

http://www.youtube.com/user/teamblasterusa/videos

To Chris F., way to keep your foot on the base! That was awesome!

I got to see this in person since I worked 7. By far the highlight of the match for me.

Unfortunately I missed the match, but if he did what I'm thinking, that's awesome & I'd love to see the video!

Chris is missing both lower legs. On stage 7, we had to make a few adjustments so he could safely complete the course of fire. There were 3 baseball bases that you had to keep a foot on while shooting. 2nd base was rifle. He sat down, took off his lower leg, put it on the base then proceeded to use his leg as a support for his rifle. :D

Thanks to Larry, Linda, Mark, Karin, all the CROs, RO's, Team FNH, Cole and the Peacemaker staff for another memorable FNH 3 gun. This is such a great place and the hospitality shown the shooters is never in sort supply. What a prize table! 38th place in TO made me a winner at this banquet!

Had my highest stage finish at a major, 4th on stage 7. I am a slow runner. slow to start, slow to stop, and slow in the middle. Wind must have been at my back on that one....

Squad 8 was a terrific group of shooters. I enjoyed shooting with you guys. I'll be back to FNH every year they will have me.

Chris is missing both lower legs. On stage 7, we had to make a few adjustments so he could safely complete the course of fire. There were 3 baseball bases that you had to keep a foot on while shooting. 2nd base was rifle. He sat down, took off his lower leg, put it on the base then proceeded to use his leg as a support for his rifle. :D

Exactly what I was thinking he did. He's such a class act. I'm inspired every time I watch him shoot.

That's Awesome,

Not that he's missing his legs.