Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Gen 4 guide rod

blacklab2011

I have a Gen 4 Glock 34 for USPSA currently running the stock guide rod & spring. I want to change to a steel guide rod and change the spring. Is there a gen 4 specific steel guide rod with interchangeable springs or do I need to get a gen 3 guide rod and get a gen 4 adaptor?

Edited by blacklab2011

Jager products makes a gen 4 adapter to use gen 3 recoil springs. I used it on my glock 17 gen 4 for production and it worked well before I switched to my gen 3 34. Either a 12 lb wolf or more popular is the flat wire ISMI 13 lb recoil spring. Just change the spring annually even if you don't shoot much because they lose tension when stored compressed.

jager products gen 4 guide rod

13 lb recoil spring

Hope this helps.

Edited by usmc0326

Jaeger or Glockworx SS guiderods, Gen4 adapter, non-captured ISMI recoil spring. Try to avoid any of the captured, dual spring SS guide rod setups. Simpler is better and less likely to come apart at the wrong time.

Big +1 on uncaptured and one piece.

I have the Jaeger captured rod and the gun still goes bang.

I believe the Jaeger is a single spring system, not a complicated multi-piece/multi-spring guiderod setup. No worries with it as long as the screw/plug holding it together is tight. Only reason I said otherwise is I had a Glockstore Gen4 SS captured gr system come apart on me during a match locking the gun up with a live round in the chamber.

Are tungsten rods worth it? I think the SS are about 8 oz and tungsten is 12 oz. I believe the stock is 5 oz.

Are they durable enough?

I had one in my G34. After about 1k worth of rounds, it chipped at the tip, then cracked about mid way up. The 4 extra oz's arent worth it to me when the chance that something serious could happen. JMHO

• 6 months later...

I know this is an older thread but I hate to start another thread with the same question/info in it. I recently picked up a glock 34 gen 4, I also purchased a Glockworx SS guide rod, Rod 4th gen adapter, and ISMI spring. Question is the rod suppose to be quite loose in the adapter? Also why do there guide rode have a hollow end? Spring weight would a 17lb be ok for factory load of 115gr? I have a Dillon 650 on order waiting for it and supplies before I can load for it but I am just looking for a spring good with factory loads. Thanks a head of time everyone and sorry for bumping an older thread

Edited by Fate0n3

as to the excess play in the reducing ring

Needs to be some for when the barrel tips up during recoil, if it were too tight it could bind up and slow down the slide during the recoil cycle.

why is the tip hollow on a G34 / 35 rod when it's not captured?

some times they drill and tap the raw stock prior to cutting to length and turning, every so often they pull from the pre drilled pile to make extended Grods.

as to what spring weight is correct . . . all dependent on your loading

I would have a 15, 14, 13 and 12 lb springs available and then tune the gun, loads and shooting style together to find the best fit,

hey it may take some time . . . but your on the range shooting all day . . . wheres the down side in that?

• 4 months later...

The Jager guide rod with reducer ring attached/captured to the end of the guide rod is production legal as it is deemed all one piece and not an external change. My understanding is that the others that use a separate reducer ring uncaptured are not production division legal because the reducer ring is deemed a visible external change. I think that ruling came from either John Amidon and/or the Board of Directors in response to early questions regarding legality of the various reducer rings and guide rods for the Gen 4 Glocks. I ended up discussing the ruling with my area director just to be sure.

my experience is i don't trust the over sprung dual recoil system when using low PF ammo in double tap situation ; top is cycling slower near the rear end of the recoil ,then stove pipes and such . went into all that with 750fps ammo ,then i switched to the gen 3 system on my gen 4 G34 .

i see the 13pnd recoil spring as ''do it all''' . a stainless steel guide rod, a reducer ring,a zev comp spring kit,a lill V4 connector and it'll be a very nice shooter.

Edited by sigsauerfan

• 2 months later...