Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 AWARE Invitational

Folks,

I'm sorry this post is both sorta late and sort of early, but by Sunday night the folks hosting the 2004 AWARE Invitational in Vermont should have at least one photograph of one of their stages posted on their site. If you have not shot the AWARE Invitationals in Vermont, this will be what you are missing!

Last year's event was a movie "theme" match; this year's will be rock & roll inspired.

The stage to be posted will be the stage that Infinity Firearms is sponsoring (and will give away a pistol for). It was designed by the Alexander family, and again, should be just amazing.

Please look for the photos tomorrow at: http://www.gmps.ws/Aware/awarehome.htm

This will be a well attended and well sponsored match. There is still time to get in.

If you can make it next weekend, you really should go.

Hope to see you there!!

Regards,

Mark Agerholm

Hey Mark,

I'm going for sure. I would encourage everyone else in the area to go also.

Why?

Because the match benefits the Aware charity. (arming women against rape & endangerment) and considering the statistics say that one in four women have been raped, chances are you know someone who has been, and I'd say the best thing you can do is contribute to an organization that seeks to educate and help women from experiencing this most heinous of crimes.

Plus, it's a major match and part of the point series.

See ya in Vermont.

Those courses look outstanding. The range looks awesome. (Grass and trees, on a range!?)

One of the gravestones is marked "Roland" with a Tommy gun. Must be a reference to Warren Zevon's Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner.

Just flew back today and boy are my arms tired. :huh:

I just can't say enough about this match, it was awesome! I shot on Sunday and the weather was fabulous. The stages were superb, the staff was friendly (some way more so than others...), and the location ( near Stowe, VT ) terrific. Congratulations to the winners and a big "Thank you!" to the Alexander family for their creativeness and warm heartedness. They are one the big reasons why I love this sport so much. :D

The results are up on the USPSA page. On a side note; I didn't win, but at least I shot better than I did last week... It looks like I'm on my way up out of that slump I've been in.

Sterling,

You've got that right, she rocked! That girl is going places, and I predicted it from the start. :D Look for her to finish in the top 8 ladies at the Nationals and to be a serious contender for the shootoffs!

Regards

The girl has got the fastest reload....must be staying up late at night practicing or something!

Sterling,

I can attest to that! She and Ron were in the room next to BJ & I at Tri-State. We could hear the timer and mags hitting the floor until late.

Tim

Congrats to all of the winners.

Again, the match staff at the AWARE have outdone themselves. This continues to be the premier match of the year. It pains my southern heart, but I have to say that I've shot the best two matches in the US this year in the north - 2004 Area 7 and the 2004 AWARE. These 18 stages combined into one match would culminate into the best Nationals ever. My hats off to Area 7 and all of it's staff, prop builders, RO's, etc. They certainly seem to be the most excited about building, preparing, and running excellent matces every year.

Good job to Ron "Rocket" Francisco for his first major match victory. I'm very proud of him. Turtle put up a hard fight, but those two stages cost him big, not to mention that Dave shot a great match. Good job Dave O, especially for shooting half of the match in bad weather. One thing's for sure, Production is going to be an interesting battle this year. Larry Houck continues to dominate L10 this year. Pretty good news for me, considering my name on his shirt only costs me several thousand pieces of brass per year! "GOOD TRADE" An even better trade? Eliah Alexander, one of the biggest improvements I've seen. Thanks to the entire Alexander family for their undying support of me and my endeavors. The shirts look great!

However, Megan "Magic" Madigan stole the show. I've NEVER seen such a fast improvement from ANY shooter ever. I was blown away by her shooting speed, and her new found aggressiveness, that seemed to appear literally overnight. At her rate of improvement, I know she'll be a force to be reckoned with at this year's Nationals. With her reloads, I'm not sure of any female shooter who could beat her in the shoot-offs. She makes steel disappear like "Magic" This will be a tough one......what if Megan and Julie face each other? Who do I pull for? :rolleyes:

Now that I have new video software, I hope to be posting new videos soon at www.shootersparadise.com

Again, thanks for a great match.

Phil

Hello everyone! I just wanted to thank you all for all the positive comments on our match. It really makes all the work worthwhile to know that everybody enjoyed the crazy creations we put together; and I appreciated the shooters' good sportsmanship, even when the weather was ugly on Saturday (I guess maybe it's appropriate to be stalking werewolves in a thunderstorm and running through the jungle in a monsoon...?). I'm pretty sure that, once we recover from the cleanup (still ongoing), we at GMPS will plan to host the AWARE again next year. (My mother is already planning what desserts she'll bake for the food tent next year.) I look forward to seeing you all again then! We should have an even bigger and better contest, since next time we WILL make sure our match won't conflict with the Steel Challenge; you can probably expect to see JJ Racaza, Dave Sevigny and Julie G. again, and maybe Manny Bragg, who almost put in a last minute appearance this year. A special thanks to Phil and his team and the others of you who decided to forego the Challenge this year in favor of our humble offering. --In the meanwhile, it's possible that the elephants and werewolves will go on the road, as Larry Houck suggested that we bring a stage or two down to the Summer Blast next June.

Once again, thanks to everyone who helped make the match a success!

Elye Alexander

Kick ass Elye! It would have been a great match, if it wasn't for Strader ruining the curve for everyone... ;)

Your AWARE stages would make for awesome Hoser-Cam footage...something to think about.

- Gabe

PS: Welcome to Enos Land!