Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot AP

Alan550

Still waiting for the official scores to be posted. Do know that it was Jessie by 1 over Helen. It came down to mover; Helen shot a personal best of 1899. Sooo close.

Still Helens team mate was Vera who from what I understand came in third, that means USA B beat USA A in the ladies division. Pretty damn special…. Just saying. :D

GrantJ

Still waiting for the official scores to be posted. Do know that it was Jessie by 1 over Helen. It came down to mover; Helen shot a personal best of 1899. Sooo close.

Still Helens team mate was Vera who from what I understand came in third, that means USA B beat USA A in the ladies division. Pretty damn special…. Just saying. :D

GrantJ

Tell her congrats! Cant ask for much more than a personal best at the Worlds!

Just between me and you, I am sure I would be shaking a bit as well.

match pressure ay, get you every time.

still, second not too shabby, congrats.

I believe match pressure comes in different strengths. Once you have experienced a certain level you can overcome it. Several years ago I was at Bianchi shooting the Barricade as my last event. If I cleaned it, I would have scored my highest in a registered match at the time. I told myself that all I needed was 48 tens. After hitting the Barricade several times with the muzzle I threw an 8. Mike Flagler got the whole bloody affair on video. The next year I learned from that and finished up with 48 x's.

So I have learned another lesson. I may get the nerves a little but the next time I should be able to shake them.

I sure won't be nervous this weekend when I shoot the VA regional and state matches.

• 1 month later...

Little FFL (Louis) had to shoot a 22lr because of German Law and Jrs. He shot a 1911 with is Open Ruger/Volquartsen gun. He dropped 2 on Practical and 7 on the mover.

MissFFL (Sydney) shot a personal best of 1836 and finished 28th overall. She won several class medals as well. Thanks to Kim Beckwith for the gun and ammo as hers was having accuracy issues. (My fault).

Little FFL (Louis) had to shoot a 22lr because of German Law and Jrs. He shot a 1911 with is Open Ruger/Volquartsen gun. He dropped 2 on Practical and 7 on the mover.

MissFFL (Sydney) shot a personal best of 1836 and finished 28th overall. She won several class medals as well. Thanks to Kim Beckwith for the gun and ammo as hers was having accuracy issues. (My fault).

That's great all my boys want to do is play computer games.