Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

INLINEFABRICATION 650 mount, bullet tray, and led setup.

I put an add up looking for a strong mount and someone turned me on to this product. I emailed the guy and got the first one. Pretty serious piece of kit. Will let the pictures do the talking. Feel free to ask questions.

A few quick answers:

Yes, this is my wife's kitchen table, or used to be.

No, she was not and is not happy about this arrangement, even though the whole thing comes out.

Yes, that is a 40mm ammo can, I don't like stopping to empty the acro bin.

And yes, I do have a lot of "do dads" on my machine, some woth the $ and some not.

Enjoy

6ded98ba88558f1c1c82952426ad7fce.jpg

df96c2d8ace5bf64f17616592cea57b9.jpg

2c78f5678c233c77c8c0daff35782795.jpg

47515f08d70835f7d28cade88788555d.jpg

Hmm, ok

Powder system:

Full debur and polish

Resize spacer for better powder flow / reduced bridging (might be all in my head, but can't hurt)

Double baffle (I believe in this one)

Uniquetek micrometer (easier to adjust powder drop in predictable incrments) worth $$

True powder bar face before reinstall (brought my drop consistency way up, sd usually in teens now running all out)

I also do the dryer sheet trick, don't know of it works... But it's to easy to not try.

Redding w tool clamp:

Redding competition seater. This is not worth the $, in my opinion, if you don't instal the uniquetek tool head clamp. (I regularly see oal variance + or - .004 with lead wad cutter or truncated cone, + or - .003 with LRN, and less with jacketed. The variance in oal is not as important as the ogive with lead bullets, and this is where the redding comp seater shines. To be fair, to my ego, out of the 50 9mm truncated cone bullets I just measured, 95% came in + or - .002. i had a couple of fliers that took me outside of those numbers.)

Uniquetek tool head clamp kit. Worth the $, unless you can do the same mod on your own.

File resize die

Was having a problem with resized range brass in a KKM glock barrel, which led to some investigation and this mod. I filed down the mouth of my dillon sizer die until it was just barely longer than the carbide sizer ring. With the die just kissing the shell plate, it sizes way down.

Lee FCD with plumbing tape

i am sure this doesnt matter. this is something I do to Lee seating dies to increase accuracy.

Feeding assembly

Reshape arm for better case insertion onto shellplate. I also removed the allen screw that attached it to the shell feeder, tapped it and used a metal screw to re secure it to the feeder... less give.

Shell plate area.

cut spring under indexing ball (same as everyone else). Polish shell plate carrier and true with level. Double bronze washer assembly to secure shell plate (WOW, 1$ of amazing!)

Priming rod

.45 acp casing on primer rod, added weight makes things easy.

Primer chute

started out with uniquetek primer chute, great product.... but easy mod with a 38 super case and some tubing.

Ammo chute

easy mod from home depot, no more acro bin full of loaded rounds.

I did some work to the casefeed assembly early on, from what i understand I am alone with this issue, and it hasnt come back.

I got some of these improvements off of this site, made up some, and some from 1911smith over at barf.com.

thanks to all the guys that put their 2 cents out there.

I didnt have the book out to use part numbers, if your are interested i can post pics of anything you are interested in trying.

Sent from my iPad

This is my "fix it" mod for the shell feeding assembly, as discussed in another thread. Already posting mods in this thread so I will link. I would use part numbers and correct names, but I have lost my dillon book. This mod also fixed my 9mm case feed problems.

First ran into this issue with 45acp, noticed that on a regular basis the casing would not drop or would get hung up in the assembly for two or three strokes. During trouble shooting, i would manually index (finger) the casefeed arm and it would drop cases every time. I found this to be curious and through a little comparison realized that I was indexing the arm farther when using manual (finger) pressure. This allowed the case to pass completely over the opening to the plastic feeder. The problem was that I had adjusted the casefeed actuator (black plastic triangle looking thing) as far as it would go forward without binding on the machine and it would still not push it far enough to feed the cases 100%. The next problem was that the allen screw that holds both plastic pieces together would come loose and move out of adjustment, returning the machine to a state of repetitious failure.

my step by step fix.

remove this contraption

0fa45b27de9e61cd05c6ca257420a52e.jpg

remove allen screw and use pliers to pull out the metal insert that it screws into. Drill a small diameter hole through the opposite side to allow large diameter screw to thread through (see back side pic above)

Use dremel to relieve the guide in the bottom piece of indexer (see photo below), this allows the new screw to pass through uninterrupted.

6e3001523e75cff90d9b426cf1a02467.jpg

back to the top piece. Relieve face of top piece with file. Then cut an angle on the face to allow it to ride closer to the press on the downstroke.

2b9efd30372c2263136b9804fd0b6af4.jpg

cf264c456567b1444052eb0e1e383276.jpg

if you dont reload rifle (me) then you can remove material from the back to allow easy access to the retaining allen screw that the spring rides on.

e2ab3d3ecca4f11f99d5444b1a24600e.jpg

put the whole thing back together and reinstall, then tune for indexing depth.

5b07f020e75e471a486d71ffc1403beb.jpg

1d3bf41de8ac6236404c4e07f62566f7.jpg

1347934056[/url]' post='1781226']

Hmm, ok

Powder system:

Full debur and polish

Resize spacer for better powder flow / reduced bridging (might be all in my head, but can't hurt)

Double baffle (I believe in this one)

Uniquetek micrometer (easier to adjust powder drop in predictable incrments) worth $

True powder bar face before reinstall (brought my drop consistency way up, sd usually in teens now running all out)

I also do the dryer sheet trick, don't know of it works... But it's to easy to not try.

Redding w tool clamp:

Redding competition seater. This is not worth the $, in my opinion, if you don't instal the uniquetek tool head clamp. (I regularly see oal variance + or - .004 with lead wad cutter or truncated cone, + or - .003 with LRN, and less with jacketed. The variance in oal is not as important as the ogive with lead bullets, and this is where the redding comp seater shines. To be fair, to my ego, out of the 50 9mm truncated cone bullets I just measured, 95% came in + or - .002. i had a couple of fliers that took me outside of those numbers.)

Uniquetek tool head clamp kit. Worth the $, unless you can do the same mod on your own.

File resize die

Was having a problem with resized range brass in a KKM glock barrel, which led to some investigation and this mod. I filed down the mouth of my dillon sizer die until it was just barely longer than the carbide sizer ring. With the die just kissing the shell plate, it sizes way down.

i am sure this doesnt matter. this is something I do to Lee seating dies to increase accuracy.

Feeding assembly

Reshape arm for better case insertion onto shellplate. I also removed the allen screw that attached it to the shell feeder, tapped it and used a metal screw to re secure it to the feeder... less give.

Shell plate area.

cut spring under indexing ball (same as everyone else). Polish shell plate carrier and true with level. Double bronze washer assembly to secure shell plate (WOW, 1$ of amazing!)

Priming rod

.45 acp casing on primer rod, added weight makes things easy.

Primer chute

started out with uniquetek primer chute, great product.... but easy mod with a 38 super case and some tubing.

Ammo chute

easy mod from home depot, no more acro bin full of loaded rounds.

I did some work to the casefeed assembly early on, from what i understand I am alone with this issue, and it hasnt come back.

I got some of these improvements off of this site, made up some, and some from 1911smith over at barf.com.

thanks to all the guys that put their 2 cents out there.

I didnt have the book out to use part numbers, if your are interested i can post pics of anything you are interested in trying.

Sent from my iPad

Great post. I hadn't thought of the bronze washer. Can you post a picture and source for it?

Thanks

?

Tape to tighten the threads?

I noticed play in the die stems while the machine is running. Teflon tape takes care of some of that. Originally fix was for lee seating die.

I also have the Inlinefabrication strong mount. Im in the process of ordering a Dillon's XL 650 Toolholders XL 650 w/Wrench Set. Does the wrench set have everything needed to mount to the strong mount as you have pictured, or did you have to modify anything?

Thanks!

I have the same mount. Bench Height is 34".. With the Case feeder attached, heigth is 77" to the top!!!

Have a inline mount on the way.

Having met Dan I can say he is GTG.

I am wondering how tall the 650 with case feeder is

when all together...

Sweet that will put me at 79 inches...

Had to make sure it would fit and not be a complete pain to get into..

Thanks

I have the same mount. Bench Height is 34".. With the Case feeder attached, heigth is 77" to the top!!!

Have a inline mount on the way.

Having met Dan I can say he is GTG.

I am wondering how tall the 650 with case feeder is

when all together...

I also have the Inlinefabrication strong mount. Im in the process of ordering a Dillon's XL 650 Toolholders XL 650 w/Wrench Set. Does the wrench set have everything needed to mount to the strong mount as you have pictured, or did you have to modify anything?

Thanks!

No, you will need screw/washer/nuts to mount it to the rack. And a drill.

Here is the bronze thrust washer pics/dimensions that practical_man requested.

I didnt want to deal with the needle bearing od problems,and this was my cheap solution. Sourced from ace hardware for about .80 cents.

Bronze thrust washer

ID: .5

OD: .75

Thickness: 1/16

Od is the big one, shell ejector must be able to fit over washers to avoid ejection issues. I run two, i cant remember if one didnt run well by itself. I adjust tension to max that will still smoothly index shell plate and then tighten the snot out of the locking nut. I put slide glide on the bolt and washers, throw them together and go. Farthest i have made it is 6k without readjusting (because i took the machine apart for cleaning).

42217b0b6215f361df34091b786616f7.jpg

51ca7a3d8e1ec651d88975c61cefedbe.jpg

I dont have an adjustment issue. As I said, this is an alternative that maintains the OD of the shell plate bolt head which allows the case ejector to ride in the factory position. The biggest problem, that i have read about, with the needle thrust bearings is that they do not have the same OD, causing the ejector to ride high and sometimes lock up the shell plate.

Link to needle thrust bearing dimentions

http://www.nationalprecision.com/needle-bearings/thrust.html

Thank you for posting a picture of the popular alternative, to each their own. :cheers:

Edited by wes777

The biggest problem, that i have read about, with the needle thrust bearings is that they do not have the same OD, causing the ejector to ride high and sometimes lock up the shell plate.

Haven't had any problems with any of mine and don't see how having the wire further from the shell plate, even though there is not much difference at the OD of the shell plate, would lock it up.

In any case here is another place where you can get all sorts of thrust bearings and the above sintered bronze washers.

http://qbcbearings.com/BuyRFQ/ThrustB_Washer_SL_SB_I.htm

Edited by jmorris