Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I think I am in love... G34

dogtired

I recently bought a used G4 G34 off the gunboards as I am really looking forward to having my kids shoot with me. I have read all the stuff out there and know the G34 can be made to perform well. I chose the G4 because of the backstraps and using the ability to adapt to growing hands. Since it was 2nd hand, it did not come with all the grip extensions but had a Sevigny FO sight, grip plug, holster, mag pouch, 5 mags. I did the .25 cent trigger job and added the Zev spring kit and Comp connector, a 13 pound captured spring on a Jager steel guide rod and this thing is a performing SOB.

I have been shooting both single stack and double stack 40's but will run this baby in Production this weekend. I found a nice little bunny fart load with the 115 grain bullet for now. Prior to the new spring and guide rod, I was amazed to see the case lift 2 inches above the gun and drop straight down. Now at least it ejects to the right. Of course I may try to run this faster than my ability allows, but fun is the name of the game.

I may be with you.

I just got a brand new 34 to see if I would shoot it better than my M&P. I have been complaining about the accuracy of my M&P (which is mostly me) so decided to try a Glock again after I sold my 17 last year.

We will see.

Will do some trigger work and replace springs this week and hopefully take it out this weekend to see how it runs.

Gotta order some sights from Dawson soon.

Good luck with yours.

• 1 month later...

I have been carrying a Sig P220 as a duty weapon for 15 years. I thought I would never change guns. I got the opportunity, and was issued a G34 as a duty weapon. This worked out great since I am just getting involved in USPSA and my Sig was not a good choice for matches.

The one down side is it will truely be a production gun. Since it is a duty weapon I cannot modify it, other than new sights.

On the upside, I will shoot matches with my duty weapon and have lots of practice with the gun I depend on everyday. It is very different, but in a good way.

I have been carrying a Sig P220 as a duty weapon for 15 years. I thought I would never change guns. I got the opportunity, and was issued a G34 as a duty weapon. This worked out great since I am just getting involved in USPSA and my Sig was not a good choice for matches.

The one down side is it will truely be a production gun. Since it is a duty weapon I cannot modify it, other than new sights.

On the upside, I will shoot matches with my duty weapon and have lots of practice with the gun I depend on everyday. It is very different, but in a good way.

Just get some Heine night sights and shoot that weapon! You won't need any other mods.

Keith

• 1 month later...

When I got into USPSA in 2006, I bought a G34, Gen3 for competition. Had to leave the sport, sold just about everything. When I re-entered in February of this year I went to the local range just to see everything that was new out there and pic my new rig. I tried the M&Ps, P226 Elites, CZ, etc, and of course the Gen3 & 4 Glocks. I probably shot 500 rds total though the pistols previously mentioned ..

Final decision .... back to old faithful: Glock 34, Gen 3. Price and the fact I am only 15 miles from GlockUSA was a slight consideration, but overall...for ME...the Glock Gen 3 was the best.

Now......I will say, a lot of folks in my local club are shooting the CZs ... and doing VERY well. I only know of 3 that are shooting the M&P, and 1 shooting a P226.

I love my gen 4 G34, takes a beating but has never let me down, the Indian....thats another story. I too have noticed the CZ trend start to pick up steam. I had a chance to play with one several weeks ago, did not care for the DA portion of the DA/SA and the SA was not that great either. I did like the weight though. I still would take my G34 any day,