Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best book or video for competition shooting tips

Brian Enos book is very good.

Also Matt Burkett videos are great as well.

On another note, taking a course is great as well. If there are any local GM's see if they offer private lessons. The best is shooting a Match with a local GM then one on one or a small group for a few hours after the match/next day. If you google power factor show then email Steve or Rick at the powerfactorshow they can probably point you in the right direction to a solid coach in the Washington area. If you have the money, fly to Florida, Manny Bragg and Shannon Smith in Frostproof.

Also Matt Burkett videos are great

Another vote for Brian and Matt.

I strongly recommend Matt Burkett's 1-4 and 7.

These are not the kind of videos that you will watch once and then put them in the draw. You can watch them over and over and each time you will get additional, useful information.

Also Matt Burkett videos are great

Another vote for Brian and Matt.

I strongly recommend Matt Burkett's 1-4 and 7.

These are not the kind of videos that you will watch once and then put them in the draw. You can watch them over and over and each time you will get additional, useful information.

You know I got the Burkett video's based on your recommendation. I think it was at a Malabar match when you beat me on a stage shooting a single stack. I asked if you had eaten your wheaties and you said no I've been watching Matt Burkett videos. That should have been a commercial. :roflol:

I don't remember if I was shooting Limited or Open that day. In my mind I was shooting production, but I think that is just to save face. :eatdrink:

I typed a bunch of stuff and then realized I was just trying to sound polite while saying my stuff is the best. Why bother?

My stuff is the best. :)

Seriously, my first book and a timer will take a dedicated, curious shooter a long, long, way. For some, a video based system may be better...

I typed a bunch of stuff and then realized I was just trying to sound polite while saying my stuff is the best. Why bother?

Seriously, my first book and a timer will take a dedicated, curious shooter a long, long, way. For some, a video based system may be better...

I'll give your book a try. I have not read your book yet, but I have heard nothing but positive things.

+1, along with Brian's book and self-study of GM's technique

I have all the suggested resources above and have learned from all of them. I started with Steve's books and Matt's DVD's.

I also have the Double Alpha Master Class 1 and 2 DVD's by Saul Kirsch and the 3GM DVD's. Each is worth watching many times. In addition I have both of Saul's books which I really like as well.

All of these should be part of your training library. That said, my most valued learning experience was a two day course with Manny Bragg at Universal Academy. There just is no substitute for live fire training.

Gotta give Steve the Props!

His dryfire books are the standard for dryfire. I've got them and they work. In fact, they work very well when used as prescribed. Went from C to A in very little time, basically was a B for only one season.

It happened so fast it kinda scared me.

It's important to remember that I was OBSESSED with making GM in Open, and the first book was written around the drills I used to achieve that goal. The book only exists because I got tired of going to Kinko's and copying them to give away... So I don't mean to sound cocky, but the book only exists because it works so well.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

SA

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Ben Stoeger's website!!! Check it out. Tons of great stuff, especially if you take the time to read all of his short articles from over the years. You can literally read his progression from being an "up and coming shooter" to the current Production National Champion. Very, very cool! I owe much of my progress to him.

Hi Steve, it's not bragging if it's true. Your book is great. You will get more out of two weeks of drills than three months at the range. I did it backwards.

If you're looking for a complete training program it's hard to beat Seeklander's book and DVDs. He's designed a complete 18 week ( if you go to the rg 3x/wk as he suggests) program in 3 phases. No guessing on what you should be doing when. It also doesnt matter where you're starting from. All you have to do is buy ammo and head to the range

If you're looking for a complete training program it's hard to beat Seeklander's book and DVDs. He's designed a complete 18 week ( if you go to the rg 3x/wk as he suggests) program in 3 phases. No guessing on what you should be doing when. It also doesnt matter where you're starting from. All you have to do is buy ammo and head to the range

+1 I like this as well, because of the structure of the course. Each practise is totally planned.

I just ordered Steve's book through Brian's site. Something I've been meaning to get for a while.