Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 650 is the biggest P.O.S. EVER!!!

Also check that your case-insert-slide-cam (the black pyramid) isn't cracked.  Remove it and see.  Clean the reloading media gunk out while you're in there.

Decapper-pulling-the-primer-back-in is discussed elsewhere-- polish and shape.

Second Shred,

then the 650 should give you 100%+ use the jhgtyre-link...

Henny.

I hope this is it it may solve a bunch of mysterys....look up in your seating die and see if there is a case jammed up in there. I reload 45 and I think it was a case that would fit in side it with the mouth up. I would also recommend as above get in front of the machine call Dillon and it will be fixed in less than an hour. Good luck......DVC John

Now, I'm having other problems. The cases are not dropping into the shellplate at the first station. I need to help the case along a bit which slows me down tremendously. I'm sure I just need to adjust the plastic spacer or something.

I had the same problem before with my 650. Get your manual out go to page 52 you'll need to take apart the case feed arm and check the spring. Mine was broken in two pieces. This gave me the same problem you mentioned in your post. Took me a long time to isolate that prolem. The part number for the spring is: 13936 Get a 650 spare parts kit this will save you lots of agrevation in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not realize how badly my 650 was binding until I had to load some ammo here at work to function test some guns. It was so effortless. Saturday morning, I called Dillon and explained how difficult it was to crank the handle even with the tool head, primer system and shell plate removed. Dillon guy says only possible problem is dry bolts and/or the main shaft so I thank him, hang up and proceed to grease afore mentioned items. Did not help a bit.

The problem was the nylock nuts had tightened up on their own and were binding. After 1/4 loosening turn on each of the 4 nuts, it's working smoothly again. Called dillon back to report fix and they said it's probably time for a tune up. When I told them that it would have to wait until season was over, they offered to send some parts to help in the meanwhile.

Pete,

My 2 cents worth is be careful and dont force a primer in.

I did and i had just put in 100 primers in the tube.. Man BOOM!!!

Blew up all 100 primers. Parts went every where--ears rang for 2 days. Lucky I didn't get injured..

Good Luck man

Leroy

• 3 years later...
Well I've had nothing but trouble with my 650 for the past few months to the point I'm going to smash it to pieces. Before I moved to my new house I never had a problem with it. First the spring that holds the the case in the shellplate in station 2 popped out and I lost it. No big deal. Got a new one from Dillon. Well naturally I lost the 2nd one while trying to install it. In the process of finding it I found the old one but couldn't find the new one but the old one is a bit bent. I got it to fit in and maybe that is part of my problem.

Then, on the downstroke on the machine it is sticking about 1/2 way in the pull. It is so tight that I have to slam it to get it to cycle. This has been happening for a while now. So, I took the machine apart today and cleaned it and oiled it etc. Problem is still there. Next, the primers are not cycling and are jamming up the machine. If that wasn't enough the first station isn't popping the primers completely out so that is also causing the machine to jam.

I'm trying to think of the other problems I've had with it because it has been nothing but a problem. I've loaded about 20,000 rounds on this P.O.S. but now I can't really do anything with it. It took me 3 1/2 hours tonight to load 350 rounds. It usually takes about 1 hour to load 700-800 for me.

What do you think I should do with this piece of crap? Should I send it back to Dillon and see if they can fix it or should I try fixing it myself? If I do the later where should I start?

Please help me I'm getting desperate to the point I don't want to shoot anymore because I absolutely HATE reloading now.

Pete

Call dillon they will send you a new primer station.

Well I've had nothing but trouble with my 650 for the past few months to the point I'm going to smash it to pieces. Before I moved to my new house I never had a problem with it. First the spring that holds the the case in the shellplate in station 2 popped out and I lost it. No big deal. Got a new one from Dillon. Well naturally I lost the 2nd one while trying to install it. In the process of finding it I found the old one but couldn't find the new one but the old one is a bit bent. I got it to fit in and maybe that is part of my problem.

Then, on the downstroke on the machine it is sticking about 1/2 way in the pull. It is so tight that I have to slam it to get it to cycle. This has been happening for a while now. So, I took the machine apart today and cleaned it and oiled it etc. Problem is still there. Next, the primers are not cycling and are jamming up the machine. If that wasn't enough the first station isn't popping the primers completely out so that is also causing the machine to jam.

I'm trying to think of the other problems I've had with it because it has been nothing but a problem. I've loaded about 20,000 rounds on this P.O.S. but now I can't really do anything with it. It took me 3 1/2 hours tonight to load 350 rounds. It usually takes about 1 hour to load 700-800 for me.

What do you think I should do with this piece of crap? Should I send it back to Dillon and see if they can fix it or should I try fixing it myself? If I do the later where should I start?

Please help me I'm getting desperate to the point I don't want to shoot anymore because I absolutely HATE reloading now.

Pete

Call dillon they will send you a new primer station.

Well I hope he's not still fighting with it after 3 1/2 years. :P

Edited by DarkSmileyX

It's funny to see some of these posts pop up from time to time. The 650 was fixed 3 1/2 years ago and I still have it setup but I know just load on my 1050 with K.I.S.S. bullet feeder. It's been a great upgrade and is capable of loading rediculous amounts of ammo.

Oh, and the 1050 does match the purse as well... HAHA

Two areas I didn't think about until they went bad:

1. The master shellplate indexer thingy. It slipped a bit, the shellplate got behind the stroke a bit, and then the primer ram started rubbing the primer plate and flipping primers. Adjust it until the shellplate has stopped cycling before the primer ram enters the primer plate holes.

2. The case/triangle/ramp thingy. Slipped a bit, and two things happened: I had to help the brass finish dropping, like you are seeing, and it wouldn't push the case all the way into station 1, causing a lot of crushed cases. Move it forward until the case is just fully inserted into station 1, then move it a hair more, and it should solve both problems.

As for general cycling, undog the lock screw and back the main bolt out 1/4 turn, see if it turns smoothly. On occasion it seems to tighten down.

H.