Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Italian Firearms Group, new website.....

It's not EAA with a new face. IFG is in the same building as EAA at the moment, but will be branching out soon. The gentleman I spoke with at IFG is a one man operation at the moment and his focus is going to be semi-custom production firearms with great customer service. He is only going to carry the higher end stuff. EAA is going to continue with the more affordable product lines from what I understand. The gentleman I spoke to on the phone was very nice and seemed to actually care about the product. Guess we will have to wait to know for sure, but I'm optimistic.

Also the guy(Richard I think) also said he has been reading Enos forum and is paying attention to how the community feels about the product line. He was fully aware it will be an up hill battle.

I love the way these guns look. You can put me down for a Gold Custom and a Bulls Eye. If they are going to be more expensive I hope they can still retain the value that we have come to expect from these guns. I always get compliments from people about my Elite Match then I tell them how much it costs and their eyes light up. If these guns from IFG can stay under $1500 I think they will be very well received.

It eyes lighting up is only part of the story. If you let them rack the slide a few times, then they start drooling... :lol: There is something magical about the slide-frame fit on the Elite series guns...

It eyes lighting up is only part of the story. If you let them rack the slide a few times, then they start drooling... :lol: There is something magical about the slide-frame fit on the Elite series guns...

Then tell them the tight fit doesn't come at the cost of a break in period (1911) or $1500 cost. If these guns were marketed properly or at all for that matter Tanfoglio could be a significant force in the market like kimber is to the 1911

Anybody that's touched my Match Elite starts drooling, anybody that I let them shoot it, I have to pry their hands off of the gun to get it back. Then I let them fondle my Limited and I have to crack them over the head to get it back. Nobody would ever guess that the Match was less than most plastic guns and my Limited was under a grand!! I laugh all the way to the bank.

IFG and EAA have the same address. I hope that EAA improves their customer service practices. I have dealt with them in the past and it was pretty bad.

Z

I agree. Had the same experience with EAA yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have idea on the price for Limited Custom (upc 8051770130116) ? And how is it different from regular Limited, besides grips and slide cuts?

Edited by e-mishka

Does anyone have idea on the price for Limited Custom (upc 8051770130116) ? And how is it different from regular Limited, besides grips and slide cuts?

The one my buddy has looks identical except for the slide ports and grips. I think that is the only difference.

The cost is just slightly more than the Limited. I think wholesale they are mid $900.

Good news, looks like most of the Tanfoglio firearms will be available in a few months, sept-oct. The MSRP on the Stock lll is $1,116. I'm hoping dealer cost is more reasonable than that!

Yeah I would guess the street price would be somewhere around $850-$900.

Edited by Nealio

Whats the deal with the Bulls Eye being listed for sale on some websites but has a picture of the limited custom? Im beginning to think lack of availability/misinformation is part of the Tanfoglio ownership experience. Its kinda like Alfa Romeo ownership...

I have been trying to figure out the same thing as I have one on order right now it is in a different post "IFG Bullseye or not" it seems to be the same mistake replicated on several different websites. I dont know if IFG is to blame or not? I think Hennings should have beat IFG to the punch and start to be a distributor and also sell the custom guns with his stuff already installed out of the box.

If you ever go to Italy you will understand Tanfoglio and why they do things the way they do. For example, if you go to a restaurant in Italy and order the seafood pasta and ask for cheese you will confuse them and they will confuse you. They will not understand why you would even think of putting cheese on your seafood pasta and you will be completely confused as to why they are not bringing you cheese for your seafood pasta. In the end, you are not going to get cheese for your seafood pasta. As Americans, we are use to, I'm the customer, I want it my way, make it my way. In Italy, this is how I am going to make it, this is how you are going to get it. We can't understand why they won't make it for us this way, send us this model, or make it with this feature. To them, they can't understand why we are not just happy and use what they give us.

Culture, it's a funny thing. Just like if you go to Russia you will understand why banging an AK on the ground repeatedly actually fixes them and clears the jam. ;)

Same telephone # as eaa and it goes direct to the same eaa phone system. Looks like a duck? Sounds like a duck? I've had decent experiences with eaa overall, but certianly nothing to brag about. I just wish they would get a real supply of guns in stock and do the marketing to say hello to the public of the u.s.a. I think it would do much better if they totally droped the self promoting eaa- witness names and stick with tanfoglio as a gun seller I find it sure confuses the everyday gun buyer and makes the more Leary of them. Just my observations and opinions but then who am I. My understanding is they wont even listen to hennings suggestions and who else better qualified?