Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ted, the talking teddy bear movie

I'm so glad to hear these reviews. The wife has us and some other couples going to see it Saturday and I was dreading a talking bear movie. Thanks

If you're sensitive to swearing, drug use or locker room humor, skip it. Otherwise, take the movie for what it is...an adult oriented comedy that could leave your ribs hurting from laughing so much.

If you want to see hot chicks get naked, there is none of that in this flick. Yeah, it surprised me, too.

Edited by remoandiris

one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. Its live action Family Guy... If u like that type of humour u will love this movie.... its everything they cant do on TV. Very crude, very dirty jokes. Do Not bring a kid to this movie...

I'm so glad to hear these reviews. Thanks

Ditto. Of the new ones out I would have picked the Spidy...

If you want to see hot chicks get naked, there is none of that in this flick. Yeah, it surprised me, too.

Well I WAS looking forward to it...

I'm a huge McFarlane fan. I absolutely love Family Guy & American Dad.

Ted was disappointing. The stream of one-liners that works so well in 20-40 minute blocks just doesn't do it for a feature film.

I was bummed that the movie wasn't better & doubly bummed that I lost a bit of my hero worship of McFarlane.

Just got back from the theatre. (Too dry for fireworks)

Super funny! Really stoopid fun, but it's supposed to be!

Not sure about the disappointment. Never seen 'Family Guy' or 'American Dad' and never heard of MacFarlane until this.

I'd watch it again...

Me, Candis, lilgary, and Mer thought it was ridiculously hilarical! Definitely will be re-watching it over the years.

I went totally blind - no idea whatsoever what it was going to be like. Didn't even know it was all Seth MacFarlane. So if you don't like Family Guy (style of humor), you probably won't like it.

I definitely didn't think I was ever going to stop laughing after the fight scene. One of the best ever!

In related news, there are two apps available for the iPhone for the movie: one is the Ted Soundboard app, featuring sounds from the movie, the other and IMO better, is an app that allows you to insert images of Ted in various poses into pictures that you take/have on your phone. Hilarious!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, glad I surfed the forum otherwise I would not have considered going to a teddy bear movie. Thanks.

I'm very surprised by the responses people have been giving it. I've always been a Family Guy fan (I'm 24) but it doesn't translate to the big screen well. You can tell the movie was done by a cartoonist filling a lot of space. Would've made a better movie short. Ted was about %30 brilliant and %70 garbage....and the %30 was mostly stolen from the show.

CM

Wow, glad I surfed the forum otherwise I would not have considered going to a teddy bear movie. Thanks.

I'm very surprised by the responses people have been giving it. I've always been a Family Guy fan (I'm 24) but it doesn't translate to the big screen well. You can tell the movie was done by a cartoonist filling a lot of space. Would've made a better movie short. Ted was about %30 brilliant and %70 garbage....and the %30 was mostly stolen from the show.

CM

Thank you. I was beginning to think I'm more insane than I am.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was hilarious, but it seemed meant for a pretty narrow age range. The thearter here does a $3 special for the last night a movie will be there. I would have rented instead otherwise. Parents be warned, not a kids movie in the slightest.