Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rule Book

AikiDale

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, at least a couple of them exist. I have one (I even showed it to people at the Northern Rockies Section match in Missoula this weekend, so can provide witnesses if needed ;-)

But.... I think the copies for members are being printed, one at a time, on the same sound stage out in the desert near Area-51 where the "moon landing" films were produced....

Bruce

Riiight... using monks to copy the things, eh? Tell me the pages are gonna be illuminated, on parchment, and with gold leaf on the cover.... :)

This is not an "official statement", but...

I *highly* doubt that USPSA would put a new rulebook into effect just a couple of weeks before the National Championship...

Bruce

You may have missed it, Bruce, being the world traveler and all, but I seem to recall our President telling us (the BOD) that the 14th Edition would be in affect for Pistol Nats.

Then again, that was not an *official* statement, either.

I swear I saw a Yeti in northern MN perusing a copy of the new rules. :lol:

Arnie

Heck, if the post office loses a few more weeks we could just not bother till the next edition!

Jim,

Don't blame the post office, the books have not arrived in Seattle on the ship yet.

Arnie

You may have missed it, Bruce, being the world traveler and all, but I seem to recall our President telling us (the BOD) that the 14th Edition would be in affect for Pistol Nats.

Then again, that was not an *official* statement, either.

Yeah, I saw that. And, it certainly seems to reflect the consensus of the Board. But since there has been no action to rescind the prior Board motion about timing, I thought I would play it "safe" in the way I phrased it. That way, if it turns out differently, people can get ticked off at just me rather than the whole Board ;-)

Bruce

Hey, "World Traveller" Bruce,

When are you gonna darken my doorstep, huh? You never call, you never write, you never let me buy you a bowl of noodles in Little China ......

You do understand that we have Microsoft products here too, right? B)

You do understand that we have Microsoft products here too, right?

Yes I do - I've seen them being sold on the street corner.... something like 5 bucks for a copy of Windows, burned onto a DVD while you wait ;-)

Bruce

That was probably BDH reading your copy, while wearing his ghillie suit .....

Vince, there is a big problem with me and a ghillie suit.... it's that by the time I stuff all the local vegetation into it, you end up with one large green bush sitting in the middle of a wasteland! :lol:

Will the new rule book be placed on the USPSA web-page as a .PDF without the watermark on it... I'd like a copy that I can download to my PALM, it makes it easier to search for rules down at the range with the search function.

Thanks

BritinUSA,

I am sure the new rules will be posted, but I am not sure in what software format. That would be best answered by Rob Boudrie, USPSA webmaster extrodinaire, or by Dave Thomas.

Arnie

According to the Sept./Oct. 2004 Front Sight I recieved today, page 32, third column, last paragraph, the new rule book will be released before I read the article. So, who release my new rule book before I had a chance to read it??? :lol:

well, at least a couple of them exist. I have one (I even showed it to people at the Northern Rockies Section match in Missoula this weekend, so can provide witnesses if needed ;-)

But.... I think the copies for members are being printed, one at a time, on the same sound stage out in the desert near Area-51 where the "moon landing" films were produced....

Bruce

Are you suggesting we call this the Guttenberg edition?

well, at least a couple of them exist.  I have one (I even showed it to people at the Northern Rockies Section match in Missoula this weekend, so can provide witnesses if needed ;-)

Bruce

Riiight... using monks to copy the things, eh? Tell me the pages are gonna be illuminated, on parchment, and with gold leaf on the cover.... :)

I asked the same question, Dale... I guess the monks are beer making/drinking monks.... :P

• 1 month later...