Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rule Book

AikiDale

I've got $10 that says it's GREEN. And, no, I haven't checked with Mike Voigt or John Amidon ........ that would be unsportsmanlike!

Hey, c'mon you guys, where's the action here, huh? Poppa needs new shoes, but I don't see any money on the table other than mine.

SHOW ME THE MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY .......

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most exciting thing and the most commented upon regarding gthe new rules is the color of the book?

I can think of a lot to say, but to save a lot of mod time, i'll try and keep my trap shut.

Jim

Well, yeah. I'll admit I was really overawed by the change in commands from "gun clear" to "if clear" and all, but that's not nearly as exciting as what color the new cover will be. If I had $10 to bet I'd guess Purple but I'm not going to play in this game....

"You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...." :P

For God's sake can you lighten up?

The original topic deals with (1) physical distribution of the hard-copy rulebooks (they're in transit), and (2) the effective date (of which there can be no discussion, because the duly elected USPSA BOD will make an announcement in due course, and that's the end of that story).

Now pick a bloody colour and pony-up $10 .......... if I win, all proceeds will go to the (US) National Children's Cancer Society in Missouri, but I'll sweeten the pot with an extra US$200 over and above whatever I may win.

Howzat?

I would think that the Moderators would take this over ot the Humor Forum. It is not a discussion of the rules and is not even adiscussion of the effective date.

Please see my original post. From two weeks ago. We are having a pleasant conversation about the January 2004 rule book. In August. :wacko: Not the rules, just the book. But if we can not discuss it in the USPSA/IPSC Rules section where else would one discuss the rule book? If it turns out to be green I suppose we could discuss it in the IDPA Rules section, they have a little green book. But somehow I just do not think that would be appropriate.

Maybe you could consider thinking of this as pre-discussion banter, you know, kinda like an RO saying "Do you have any questions about the course of fire?"

By the way, if you are going to pick nits in my thread, please do so with more attention to proper grammer and spelling;

"take this over ot the..." should be "take this over to the..."

"not even adiscussion ..." should be "not even a discussion ..."

Please be assured we will have a discussion about the actual book when it actually arrives. No matter what color the cover.

And da@%t Jim, have a nice day! :P

USPSA rule do not apply to me currently, and financially speaking will not for a very long time (if ever)......but you guys have made me curious: What is the colour of the book (or will USPSA simply adopt IPSC methods, keep it white and give it a revision/date and that’s it)?

:P:D:P

What is the colour of the book (or will USPSA simply adopt IPSC methods, keep it white and give it a revision/date and that’s it)?

Ex-squeeze me. IPSC does indeed have different colour rulebooks:

rulebookGroup.jpg

(L to R: Rifle, Tournament, Shotgun, Handgun).

-:and the above are available for purchase from the IPSC Store. The white, A4 size version is the downloadable version, which is less convenient when you're working a match.

However we've decided that before we produce the 2006 rulebooks, we're going to ask the guys from "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" for their input, but I can tell you that their initial suggestions, in "L to R" order, are "Fuchsia, Peach, Aubergine & Pomelo".

Personally, I think that would be faaaaaaaabulous!

Hi all,

I have seen the new rule book! It is on my dinning room table. It arrived in the mail over the weekend. I know what color it is, but I do not think my AD would want me to tell all. I believe all the AD's would have been mailed new rule books, so start asking them! :D

Hi all,

I have seen the new rule book! It is on my dinning room table. It arrived in the mail over the weekend. I know what color it is, but I do not think my AD would want me to tell all. I believe all the AD's would have been mailed new rule books, so start asking them! :D

On the dining room table, eh? You better check again, that rule book is sitting on my desk at the office as I write this! :P:wub:

Arnie

well, at least a couple of them exist. I have one (I even showed it to people at the Northern Rockies Section match in Missoula this weekend, so can provide witnesses if needed ;-)

But.... I think the copies for members are being printed, one at a time, on the same sound stage out in the desert near Area-51 where the "moon landing" films were produced....

Bruce