Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Non-home frame stippling recommendations

Michael64

One inexpensive way to enhance the traction on part of your grip is to try a "shark skin" textured grip from Dan Burwell. I have one for my 45 full size and like the improved grip on the back. Might not be your cup of tea, but wanted to mention it. Dan can do different textures on M&P also. Maybe have him do a trigger job while he is at it. I think his work is very good and had him do triggers on two of my M&P. But I only dipped my toe in the waters on stippling by getting the backstrap replacements. I like the texture a LOT.

I put Talon grips on my pro and .22.

Although I love the grip, I did cut off the part that wraps around the rear of the grip.

The reason I did that is because with the sandpaper version, you can't easily slide your hand up if you grab a low grip on the draw.

They make a rubberized version also, but it's too much like the M&P's grip already.

They are also good if you have a huge hand and need a bigger grip.

They will send you samples of their grips.

I used the glue-n-grit approach. I only wanted to apply it to part of the removable backstrap where the heel of my support hand engages the frame. Works great for me, giving a meaningful improvement in control without slowing recovery from a bad grip:

MP9Pro.jpg

MP9ProGripGrit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Recently bought some stippled backstraps off ebay, look and feel great! Turned out to be the exact models speed shooter specialties is selling. I highly suggest you check them out, cant beat the price

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...