Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What steel would you want.

a matt

If you had a choice of any steel target or targets what would you get for training ? Some poppers, mini, swingers, Platerack? I can't get them all put I want the best for improving. Thanks

Me personally... I would love to have a USPSA standard target in steel, with the A zones (both body and head) cutout to put plain cardboard behind. Hitting steel is a non-a zone hit, change out the cardboard when you shoot up the a-zones.

Then add a couple mini poppers and I would be set.

:)

Edited by Pensfan

Recently I purchased two full size steel targets! They are awesome.

One of the biggest improvements for me has been doing TGO-Action Target drill.

I don't like the A zone cut-out approach because I will paint no shoot areas on my targets

All steel makes for a little heavy target but that is strength training (or least that is what I tell myself)

I had two slots/boxes/whatever welded to the back of the steel so I could use wood stick and existing target stands.

I also purchased a couple cans of tan colored paint to mimic the paper target.

If I could only have one type of steel I would get a plate rack. With a plate rack you can do a number of different drills.

You can do a lot with a plate rack for sure. I would also like to have full size Metric targets and some Azone only sized hanging plates as well.

Recently I purchased two full size steel targets! They are awesome.

One of the biggest improvements for me has been doing TGO-Action Target drill.

I don't like the A zone cut-out approach because I will paint no shoot areas on my targets

All steel makes for a little heavy target but that is strength training (or least that is what I tell myself)

I had two slots/boxes/whatever welded to the back of the steel so I could use wood stick and existing target stands.

I also purchased a couple cans of tan colored paint to mimic the paper target.

Using tan paint is brilliant!!

I recently purchased a full size IDPA silhouette target and a gong target from custom metal products , not bad pricing. They just about have most of what you want. Plate racks get quite pricey ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've got the plate rack and One small rectangular popper. I would love to have some more poppers.

But, I think I'll get a swinger next. With a swinger and my small popper, I could set some neat stuff up to work on.

You can use a swinger to force your transitions to speed up. Shoot activator, see how many targets you can get before the swinger. I did this with GM Chris Keen and it was fun!!!