Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Load for CZ SPO-1 Shadow

willthesaint

I have several different loads that fit the bill that I like for my CZ's (a couple of them are bone stock SP-01 Shadows). My current favorite for accuracy and general reliability is based on an old Zero load that I used for some years.

124gr FMJ RN Montana Gold bullet

4.9 WSF

1.155" OAL

Once or twice (maybe three times) fired Speer case

Rem 1 1/2 primer

Depending on your powder measure, and $$$ you are willing to spend... IMHO - start with something like 124gr Berry's plated bullets, Clays powder, Federal primers.

Here is my quite reasonably accurate and cheap (money wise) recipe for CZ Shadow/75SA:

124gr Berry's over 3.6gr Clays at 1.12" OAL, Fed. primer. Load will be more accurate than you are for at least a year or two.

It is my fav and I compete with the load.

Edited by CeeZer

I use Berrys 124gRN over 3.8g titegroup

Or zero 125g over 4.g titegroup

Works well for me but I won't list my over all length as its a bit less than recommended

Sounds as OAL 1.09-1.12". If you load under OAL 1.10 - check your pressure/primers etc.

• 4 weeks later...

4.2 gr at 1.125oal and a zero 125 conical. 18 rounds in a 2.5" group standing at 15 yards. Most accurate load I've found.

4.2 of what? N320? Titegroup? Solo?

titegroup, sorry was writing that on a phone.

4.2 gr at 1.125oal and a zero 125 conical. 18 rounds in a 2.5" group standing at 15 yards. Most accurate load I've found.

4.2 of what? N320? Titegroup? Solo?

titegroup, sorry was writing that on a phone.

Whats that make? 138pf ?

I'm 4.1+ish, and went 137+ at the last two major chrono's. Watching my gun be shot by the chrono guy off a rest, vs another shadow with N310 and a 147gr .. wow. Talk about difference. Mine was coming almost 2 inches off the rest, his stayed put.. :roflol:

I just went through some of those bullets and my results reflect yours, very accurate in both my CZ 75 and Beretta 92. I have been using VV N340 but also N320. I think it was Angus Hobdell who said that the CZ likes the medium weight bullets. I had terrible accuracy with Berry's 124 HP's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found the answer in another topic. next time i will try a lenght of 1.10

Unless your chamber has been lengthened, you will have to load short, depending on your bullet profile. Make a dummy round using yoou preferred bullet and load it long, say 1.130. Stick in your guns barrel chamber and see if bullet will spin freely while exerting a small amount of pressure on it. If it don't spin, seated it a little deeper and repeat til it will spin, alas your oal. My load is 3.5gr N320 with 147gr Bayou Bullet, oal 1.135 and PF of 131. Very accurate and smooth. Front sight barely moves. My .02 sense.