Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how many rounds do u do in our lnl per hour?

Just wondering how many rounds you reload per hour.

On a lucky day I can do between 250 and 300 most of the time between 200 and 250. I have a lnl with case feeder and bullet feeder.

Please dont count preparation like having all the primer tubes ready and so on. Just what u can really do in an hour.

500 without the bullet feeder, I use one primer tube stop fill it up dump it and fill it again, then next time just dump it. That is 9 mm speed, 38SC is a lot faster since the brass is always better as is 40 or 45.

These kinds of speeds can't happen with Lee dies, use Hornady or Dillon.

Edited by CocoBolo

500 without the bullet feeder, I use one primer tube stop fill it up dump it and fill it again, then next time just dump it. That is 9 mm speed, 38SC is a lot faster since the brass is always better as is 40 or 45.

I have Hornady dies but my setup or better process is the worst imaginable. Sometimes I am not even getting into trible digits. Thats why I more or less stopped reloading except for competition (I am loading 9 Major). It is simply a pain in the ass to sit, worst case, 3 to 4 hours to have the rounds needed for a large match.

500/hour with the case feeder and 5 primer tubes pre-loaded. I recently added the bullet feeder but i haven't noticed much of an increase in speed (at least for 9mm). Mostly because I get too much powder spillage for my liking at any speed beyond but also because i can't sufficiently monitor everything for QC reasons. In time, once i get teh bullet feeder and everything nailed down more, i could step up the speed a bit but i dont know if there's any way to stop the powder from slinging.

I run about 400rnds/hr without a case or bullet feeder. I run an EGW/Lee undersized die which slows things down a bit. I also try to keep an eye on head stamps to weed out the crimped military and NT brass.

I have Hornady dies but my setup or better process is the worst imaginable. Sometimes I am not even getting into trible digits. Thats why I more or less stopped reloading except for competition (I am loading 9 Major). It is simply a pain in the ass to sit, worst case, 3 to 4 hours to have the rounds needed for a large match.

The only issue I had or have with 9 major is keeping the primer slide area clean of powder. Start by tightening the shell plate till it has a tiny bit of drag, this gets rid of the slinging. Make sure you press is indexing properly, if it isn't you have all kinds of issues, mine was out so bad the powder was missing the case. A 1/4 turn on one of the pawls and it was perfect, no primer seating issues no issues at all. Ok I get some brass rain from time to time, and so does the dillon xl650 case feeder. As with all 9 mm regardless of press you got to weed out those darn crimped primer cases. I will say that the XL650 is more impervious to powder slinging all over, however, it will succuum to it after a while then you have to disassembile it and clean it, lube it, and sacrafice a chicken on the bench then it runs again.

Getting right on the LNL takes some skill but once right it stays and just runs, the Dillon well I'm running out of chickens.

I think I'm about 400-500 an hour(never measured) at a comfortable pace. Case feeder, visually inspecting all the charges, and with only 2 primer pick up tubes. Fully loaded primer tubes I could probably do 600

I usually only load 400 in a sitting anyway.

Edited by BlueOvalBandit

I never needed a bullet feeder or a case feeder. I could easily do 500 rounds an hour. Biggest "problem" is keeping the primer tube filled. With bullet feeder and case feeder, biggest "problem" would still be keeping the primer tube filled.

Right now, using three 1050s, I generally still only load about 500 an hour--and find the case feeders almost more trouble than they are worth. "Slow and steady" is much better than being in a race.

Never work so fast that you aren't paying total attention to what is happening.

Even the auto-drive is not a jump in production speed, just production ease.

The only issue I had or have with 9 major is keeping the primer slide area clean of powder. Start by tightening the shell plate till it has a tiny bit of drag, this gets rid of the slinging. Make sure you press is indexing properly, if it isn't you have all kinds of issues, mine was out so bad the powder was missing the case. A 1/4 turn on one of the pawls and it was perfect, no primer seating issues no issues at all. Ok I get some brass rain from time to time, and so does the dillon xl650 case feeder. As with all 9 mm regardless of press you got to weed out those darn crimped primer cases. I will say that the XL650 is more impervious to powder slinging all over, however, it will succuum to it after a while then you have to disassembile it and clean it, lube it, and sacrafice a chicken on the bench then it runs again.

Getting right on the LNL takes some skill but once right it stays and just runs, the Dillon well I'm running out of chickens.

keeping the primer slide clean is one of the major issues but only one. but even if its clean at least one out of ten does not prime and for the rest its very hard work. Simply cant be avoided with the brass I am using unless I sort it upfront and then that takes ages. Worst brass in the world and then picked up from the range with most being 9 Major ones makes things hard

About 100/10-15 minutes with everything ready to go. I can't give you a good hourly rate because I usually can sit still for that long while reloading. I'll do a couple hundred at a time.

Now for the variation in time- I can easily do 100 in 10 minutes- but I'll stop to check the case if the primer doesn't go in right or if something else gets weird.

I don't have a case feeder of bullet feeders. I load up three primer tubes at a time.

keeping the primer slide clean is one of the major issues but only one. but even if its clean at least one out of ten does not prime and for the rest its very hard work. Simply cant be avoided with the brass I am using unless I sort it upfront and then that takes ages. Worst brass in the world and then picked up from the range with most being 9 Major ones makes things hard

Is the primer in the slide when priming the 1 in 10 fails? If not when it happened to me I found it was the slide cam wire needed a little adjustment so the slide retracted further.

I've found that like most things it is the prep that makes it go fast. If I sort brass and inspect it I can cull out all the bad cases before they become a problem at the press. To sort I just sit and watch TV with the wife with 5 buckets around me. Slowly but surely I fill up the buckets with sorted brass. In a two hour movie I can sort about 5 to 6K brass.

On my LNL the biggest problem I have is the powder drop. I never fully trust it which leads to checking rounds every 10 to 20. I end up producing about 100 - 200 rounds per hour which I feel is pretty slow. No case feeder or bullet feeder - I'm saving up for a 1050.

On my LNL the biggest problem I have is the powder drop. I never fully trust it which leads to checking rounds every 10 to 20. I end up producing about 100 - 200 rounds per hour which I feel is pretty slow. No case feeder or bullet feeder - I'm saving up for a 1050.

Something sounds awry here... the powder drop should be VERY reliable from my experience.

Something sounds awry here... the powder drop should be VERY reliable from my experience.

+1.. very reliable and accurate.