Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrade to 1050?

Oh my, with all this 1050 talk I am really thinking about upgrading to a 1050. My bride and I certainly shoot enough volume and the goal is to spend less time producing and more time for other things. I load 9mm and .45 apc. To do it right with the 1050 it looks like a $2300 committment. I would fund this partically by selling my 650 setup. Question, as I start to list out my 650 equipment, what percent of current prices is a used 650 setup holding? I am guessing 80-85%. What say you...is that high, low or about right? Thanks!

Oh my, with all this 1050 talk I am really thinking about upgrading to a 1050. My bride and I certainly shoot enough volume and the goal is to spend less time producing and more time for other things. I load 9mm and .45 apc. To do it right with the 1050 it looks like a $2300 committment. I would fund this partically by selling my 650 setup. Question, as I start to list out my 650 equipment, what percent of current prices is a used 650 setup holding? I am guessing 80-85%. What say you...is that high, low or about right? Thanks!

For 85%... I'de lean towards new myself. That's basically a 15% discount.

That said.... I'de be interested in the 650 if you decide to sell. I need to do 9mm and 45acp as well.

Depending on condition, around 80% sounds about right.

Do you shoot about the same amount of each? If not, you may want to skip the caliber and primer conversion and keep the 650. The 1050 is awesome, but having another option is too.

If you have room to reload.....

Never sell a press......

Not until you have one for each of your main calibers anyway....

I upgraded from a 650 to a 1050 and could not be happier. I sold the 650 to help pay for the 1050. I load 38sc, 40s&w, and 45acp. I bought the caliber conversion kit

and just change when I need to. After you do it a couple times it is easy and does not take to long to change calibers.

I'd be interested in the 650 if you decide to sell. I need to do 9mm and 45acp as well.

Well that was easy....Thank You and congrats to motochris on picking up my 650 setup. Placing my 1050 order with Brian today!!! :cheers:

I have never been able to talk myself into going from my 650 to a 1050. One "session" at my 650 gets me all the ammo I need for quite a while. A session equals an hour or so. One or two sessions a month...during the shooting season.

I'd have to reload a lot more to justify the expense.

I'd be interested in the 650 if you decide to sell. I need to do 9mm and 45acp as well.

Well that was easy....Thank You and congrats to motochris on picking up my 650 setup. Placing my 1050 order with Brian today!!! :cheers:

It WAS easy!! Now I gotta start looking at all the other BS I need.... Thanks Dan!

I have never been able to talk myself into going from my 650 to a 1050. One "session" at my 650 gets me all the ammo I need for quite a while. A session equals an hour or so. One or two sessions a month...during the shooting season.

For me, time is money.

That is how I rationalize it anyway.

Some people drive Toyotas, some Lexus and some Mercedes. They will all get you from here to there. :cheers:

...Placing my 1050 order with Brian today!!! :cheers:

Good move, you are going to love it. Btw, you really don't need loading volume to justify a 1050. Get whatever press you want and can afford. This is a sport after all. I can justify owning one handgun yet the safe is full of them. :)

I have a 1050 now and used to use a 650. If I did not want to use the primer swage as much as I want (need to in my world) I would have stayed with the 650. Buy the 1050 setup for one caliber. That way each one of you can load. If you both fight over the 1050, get another one and then sell your 650. The caliber conversions are much less expensive on the 650 which can be a plus for the lower volume ammunition. Then again you may still want to keep the 650 for those cases after having 2 1050s. With two 1050s you could have one dedicated to SP and one to LP and not have to worry about changing that part out.

Mike

The 1050 purchase was a medicinal decision for me. My tendonitis was killing me from seating primers with my 550.

*Thats what I told the ex anyway.

I traded my ex in for a 650 and a Benelli M2. Sucker!!