Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

benelli 3 gun super shop edition

charger

It's a great shotgun, but the price on the factory built one is a little high. You'd be better off getting a stock one and have Mike @ Accurate Iron work his magic on it.

the price is the same as these other guys,,so one buys a $1100 m2,via gunbroker or anywhere else,sends it for the full works for another $1000 + ,,or buys one race ready for $2000+,I saw these Benelli 3gun super shops models on gunbroker last month for $2200 or buy it now for $2400 ,theres no big price difference,,,when I say + on the other guns it means $200 or better ,,I've been on and off this forum for years,, to check up on the industry for whats new,,me being a Benelli man since 98,when I saw the Benelli 3gun edition at gunbroker prices ,compared to Salient/Benny,,no big price difference.

Edited by charger

Try finding a 21" M2 with comfort stock for sale, near impossible, and it will set you back about $1200.00 at least. Add a full package at around $1100.00 and you are at about $2300.00. At least you can find a factory one every now and then at about $2400.00. Depends how long you want to wait.

I got my 24" M2 for $900 of the forums, sent it to Rose Action Sports (guncat) and I have way less in it than $2400. It's had everything done to it and runs like a dream. I shoot with a guy who has a TSS 21" M2 and the only noticeable difference between the guns is the barrel length and the way the bolts were lightened, but that is only a cosmetic difference. They both eat everything you put in them, both have been 100% reliable, etc. I got mine in less than 3 weeks, and my buddy got his from TSS in about 3 days. I don't know if they always have them siting on the shelf ready to go or if he got lucky. If I had unlimited funds and was going to do it again I would still choose Rose Action Sports.

As for the factory guns, If you want to pay extra for the 3gun stamp on the side and still send it to someone to get the bolt done then feel free. It's nice they are out there but you'd think Benelli could have brought the price point down a little. At $1600-1800 the would fly off the shelves, as they are now I think they will mostly be in the hands of sponsored shooters or guys that couldn't wait and had to have a shotgun tomorrow.

Edited by ClutchUSMC

I paid $1100 for my 24" M2 at a local shop. With the Benny Hill lightened bolt and loading port mods, nordic tube and arrendondo mag release button. Im into it for less than $1700. How much you spend is based on how bad you want it.

• 1 month later...

All of what you all say is true, except when your "basement special" needs warranty work, now where will you be?? I am not saying that the work you have done yourself or had done is bad...oh no not hardly...but when a "factory" gun goes down, it is easy to get it fixed...like if the locking lug recesses get hammered out of the barrel 130,000 rounds latter....just saying....and there is only one "custom shop builder" and he will be around for quite a while as well ;)

Edited by kurtm

All of what you all say is true, except when your "basement special" needs warranty work, now where will you be?? I am not saying that the work you have done yourself or had done is bad...oh no not hardly...but when a "factory" gun goes down, it is easy to get it fixed...like if the locking lug recesses get hammered out of the barrel 130,000 rounds latter....just saying....and there is only one "custom shop builder" and he will be around for quite a while as well ;)

My old Benelli just hit the 130,00 round mark and there is not one damn thing wrong with the lug recesses. (We eat a lot of duck) And that custom shop builder better be around, 'cause the only way i know when to use Heavy #6's is when he does. biggrin.gif

Oh, yeah, the Benelli 3 Gun shotgun is real good. My local shop had one, lasted one day. I've shot them, if I didn't have two Benelli's already (all modded out by Forest Gump), I would buy one in a heartbeat, especially if I was just getting started in 3 Gun.

I am just happy to see that Benelli is getting into 3gun. Many people were talking about how Benelli should sponsor this shooter or that shooter a couple of years ago. Now, here they are, with a factory shooting team, selling a "factory" gun that is built for the game. I don't think they are priced out of line with other custom Benellis (if you think 3gun Benellis are out there, check out some nice over and unders). If I needed a new shotgun, I would at least consider one, but would likely go with a custom builder as I like 24" guns.

Hurley

I am lucky as I had 1100s that worked in 3 Gun but needed lots of cleaning and maintaining. My shooting friend, Pat Kelley, ran these for years and I kept running my 1988 S-90 with an 18.5 bbl that I bought from Mark Morris new for $550. My Benelli has run for 24 years and 60K+ down the pipe. Last year, I finally had to replace the recoil spring in the stock, everything else is factory stock from 1988......

If I were looking back into getting a 3 Gun shotgun (and yes I still have 1100s / 1197s, Mossbergs, FNH, SX2s)I would not mind paying more for a Benelli because of their durability and reliability. I ROd both the Texas & Colorado State MGs and was very disturbed to see all the new SGs, including the VersaMax, jam or crap out while I still saw ZERO Benelli failures from M1, M2s, or pump Nova's....

My advice is to buy what you know will work, not what you think is just affordable. $1000 of ammo through that gun will benefit your experience much better thatn $1000 of gunsmithing.....

Good luck!