Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have an "Extra Edge"

Wild Gene

I have a very nice custom 6" Limited gun, and an STI Edge. I am trying to figure out what to do with the Edge. Do I leave it alone or have a little fun with it, especially with the possible changes in the rules in Limited. Do I build a IPSC "Standard" gun, just keep it as a backup as is, or start adding all sorts of EGW stuff? Right now, with the exception of a little spring tunning, the Edge is bone stock.

I would like to do most everything myself. I enjoy that sort of stuff. On the other hand, I could send it to Bobby or Shay and get the works done. Hmmm, what to do.....

WG

Considering the new limited rule changes coming, I would thread the barrel and put on a comp with no ports and a dovetail for a front sight. I think it would be as good as a 6" sight tracker.

Don't forget a *thumb rest [generic]* if so inclined. If you add the blank comp with a sight, you get to weld the old slide dovetail and then re-surface. If you go with a bull barrel, you can cut flutes in it unless you want all that weight.

Edit: I just noticed the forum automatically replaces Ga$-Pedal with *thumb rest [generic]*... interesting.

Edited by ChrisMcCracken

Hello: Is a sight tracker that much better? I thinking it is not so I would lighten the slide, install a Briley aluminum guide rod and some good trigger/ignition parts. OR you could build another 6" top end for it. Thanks, Eric

Hello: Is a sight tracker that much better? I thinking it is not so I would lighten the slide, install a Briley aluminum guide rod and some good trigger/ignition parts. OR you could build another 6" top end for it. Thanks, Eric

I think it would be a good option to have something I could shoot IPSC Standard with, say I wanted to go to a big shoot in Europe or something. 6", sight trackers or weights on the end of the barrel would kick you out of that, wouldn't it?

wg

I have shot a 5" and 6" sightracker, and I like the 6" better, but I don't think it was because it was a sightracker. I couldn't tell the difference, the slide is comming back/forward so fast.

Personally I would build another 6" gun and have a practice gun and a match gun. then you can have a backup gun in matches, that is very identical to your primary.

If you want trigger work, send it to shay. he does some phenomenal triggers.

I have shot a 5" and 6" sightracker, and I like the 6" better, but I don't think it was because it was a sightracker. I couldn't tell the difference, the slide is comming back/forward so fast.

Personally I would build another 6" gun and have a practice gun and a match gun. then you can have a backup gun in matches, that is very identical to your primary.

I am not sure if Shay or Derek actually did my trigger, but it was done during their "transition".

Can a person use a 6" gun in "Standard" division? I need to check that out ultimately and go from there, but you are correct, another 6" would probably make the most sense.

wg

I am not sure if Shay or Derek actually did my trigger, but it was done during their "transition".

Can a person use a 6" gun in "Standard" division? I need to check that out ultimately and go from there, but you are correct, another 6" would probably make the most sense.

wg

No, but with some ingenuity you can do a 5.4", but you must lower the rear sights, and angle the back of the magwell, so that it will fit in the box, so you could have that as your international gun and 6" for your uspsa gun.