Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glocks ok to shoot reloads?

HanzieBaby

Hi all,

I’ve heard a few rumors about Glocks not being able to shoot reloads. I’ve heard there’s a chance that if brass has been fired too many times that a weak point in the chamber can allow for the cartridge to blow out when attempting to fire. I tend to be fond of my hands, can anyone confirm or deny these rumors I’m hearing?

Thanks!

Glock says it's a no no... But tell that to most of the users on this forum, lol.

We all do it, some with stock barrels, some aftermarket. They shoot perfectly but with all reloading, there's always a risk.

Glock says not to shoot reloads because if you were to ever get a double charge and blow one up, they ain't gonna fix it for you. It's all about attorneys and liability. They have actually had folks blow 'em up and then want a replacement gun claiming it was faulty. This from the guy who taught our armorers course.

I had to drop the spring weight down to 14 pounds to shoot 131 power factor loads reliably in my G17. Other that, There should be NO problems shooting reloaded full metal jacket rounds. Double charged reloads are a reloading problem that may manifest itself by blowing up any gun. It is a reloading problem, not a gun problem.

The ONLY issue I've ever had with reloads through any of my Glocks was by using once fired brass from a stock G22 barrel. For whatever reason it left a bulge at the primer end of the casing, and because of the bulge rounds would stove pipe in my KKM barrels through my open and limited guns. Other than that, I've never even heard of something like you describe happening.

The ONLY issue I've ever had with reloads through any of my Glocks was by using once fired brass from a stock G22 barrel. For whatever reason it left a bulge at the primer end of the casing, and because of the bulge rounds would stove pipe in my KKM barrels through my open and limited guns. Other than that, I've never even heard of something like you describe happening.

Reason is that stock Glock barrels tend to have loose chambers. Great for better reliability, but can leave a bulge toward the lower end of the brass even after resizing, which can be a problem if you later use that brass in a barrel with a tighter chamber (KKM, Lone Wolf, etc).