Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pick the best sight for the money....

tjhj

Since my question of what size dot has turned into what sight for the money, I figured it would be easier to just put a poll up.

Which in your opinion is best for the money, and why please?

As for consideration the following are approximate prices I can find each sight at

Trijicon RMR Dual Illuminated - 9 MOA $357, 7MOA $399 + $50 mount (why is the 7 MOA $45 more???)

Trijicon RMR Adjustable LED - 6.5 MOA $499 (I can't afford this one) + $50 Mount

Cmore STS - $320 + $30 mount

Fastfire II - $180 + $45 Mount

Fastfire III - $220 + $45 mount

Luepold Deltapoint - $337

I am on a tight budget, so take that into consideration. This is for a G17 9mm Major build.

Thanks for the time and help everyone,

For me there's only one sight, and that's the cmore slideride, neve had any isues with one of those, i have no experience with trijicon, but in the past 5 months i have seen, a few burris ff, docter sight 3 and cmore sts broke down, on a major gun (fitted on the slide) after a few 100 rounds.

I dont't know if you want to fit it on the slide directly or on a mount fitted to the frame, but if you want it on your slide choose a leopold delta point, i never have seen one of those broke.

Here's a extensive thread on a slide mounted Deltapoint on an open Glock:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132423&st=0&p=1490991entry1490991

Here's a good discussion on the durability of Deltapoint vs RMR. For a slide mounted mini RDS, those two seem to be best choice. For gaming, I think the Deltapoint beats out the RMR just because of the bigger window.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=101058

Theoretically, you can zero the tip of the Deltapoint 7.5 triangle at 25 yards for precision shots and the center of the triangle will be right on at 7 yards for close range shooting. Still trying to get used to the triangle to get it to work for me. I've been using the slide mounted DP7.5 on a STI open gun. I've had problems with the DP3.5 being too dim at indoor ranges, probably of because of the un-even lighting. With the DP7.5, even if it dims a little, it's so big, it's still easy to pick up.

If you have very bright sunny conditions I would caution you about the RMR dual illumintaion. The one I used washed out a bit and was tuff to track in our bright AZ sun.The adjustable LED was nice though. (If its out of your price range then why is it on your list?) The FFII is only available in 4MOA. The FFIII is available in 8 MOA has easir windage and elevation adjustment and is easier to change out the battery. No experience shooting the Cmore or the delta point.

@KMCA

Yes a few times, but not enough to really develop a preference. Or is Type type a type of sight?

@bassochist

I was thinking of mounting it on the slide for now... It looks better IMO but I lose sight of it when it cycles.

@Steve RA

I can't handle any more choices, I can't make a decision already.... JK if there is a better sight I missed please let me know.

Generally

I just feel the Slide Rides are a bit bulky, they seem to be really tough is that why everyone uses them? Or is there something I am missing from this ideas?

On another note I am looking at the delta point but what is a cross bolt mount one comes with all mounts and one comes with cross bolt?? Which one do I need.

http://www.botachtactical.com/lederesi.html

Thanks everyone for the great replies and comments. As well as helping out me.

On another note I am looking at the delta point but what is a cross bolt mount one comes with all mounts and one comes with cross bolt?? Which one do I need.

http://www.botachtac...m/lederesi.html

Thanks everyone for the great replies and comments. As well as helping out me.

The cross bolt mount is for weaver/picatinny rails.

For the Glock 17, you'd need to get the "DeltaPoint with All Mounts – 7.5 MOA Delta Matte – 65930" for mounting on the rear sight dovetail.

However, if you plan on getting the slide milled for a lower mounting connection, you would just order the cheaper cross mount option because the gunsmith won't use the mount adapter on the milled slide.

I've got a 3.5 MOA DP on my G17. I've noticed that the glock mounting plate is wider than the slide and fits pretty loose. It'll be impossible to retain zero if you change battery.

I tried it with the XD adapter and it fits much better. The adapter will actually center on the slide and have no gap, unlike the glock adapter.

But, that was just a temp issue as my slides getting milled for the DP.

Just a heads up.

Does anyone have pics of a DeltaPoint side by side with a new Cmore RTS? And or thoughts as to how they compare. The choice between these two is what I am down to. Going on a Carver mount for my XD.

RTS. The glass is taller and the dot's a good size. The triangle version of the DP is just too big, IMO. Yes, the RTS won't be as close to the slide, but for those coming from a standard CMore, it's a non-issue.

If I can figure out where I put my DP, I'll snap some shots of the 2.

RTS. The glass is taller and the dot's a good size. The triangle version of the DP is just too big, IMO. Yes, the RTS won't be as close to the slide, but for those coming from a standard CMore, it's a non-issue.

If you could that would be great. I have a DeltaPoint on my Akdal and like it a lot. I'm leaning to the RTS but want as much info as possible. The lifetime warranty on the Leupy is a strong point.

1336434335[/url]' post='1699713']

Vortex Razor red dot http://www.vortexopt...y/razor_red_dot :devil:

And catch the Fever

The warranty is like Dillon

Do you have one? What's the size of the glass? Actual glass dims are not shown in the website or manual. Looks to be about the size of a DP.

I will have by the end of the week. it did look the same size as the other small dots when I looked at it on Jerry's gun

If you could that would be great. I have a DeltaPoint on my Akdal and like it a lot. I'm leaning to the RTS but want as much info as possible. The lifetime warranty on the Leupy is a strong point.

Here ye be. The RTS is on one of the Cheely Custom Gunworks mounts.

post-17-0-87509000-1336439723_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-74981100-1336439753_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-80125900-1336439788_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-05419400-1336439813_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-01013800-1336439833_thumb.jpg

What size is the DP triangle you refer to ? 7 or 3?

1336447290[/url]' post='1699958']
1336374903[/url]' post='1699191']

What size is the DP triangle you refer to ? 7 or 3?

The triangle DP would be the 7.5moa version. When the DP Is mounted on the rear-sight dovetail, the triangle is about 17 MOA. That is NOT a typo.

However, unlike "diehli", I like the 7.5moa version. I zero the tip at 25 yards. Any shots under 12 yards, I center the triangle. It took me about 300 rounds of .22lr practice to get used to the triangle. I found the 3.5moa DP version to be too dim when shooting indoors. I think the uneven lighting in the indoor range played havoc on the auto brightness adjustment.

Edited by gdboytyler

I would have been interested in the Cmore RTS IF it could have been mounted on the rear sight dovetail.

With the Deltapoint mounted at the rear sight dovetail and the RTS mounted in front of the ejection port, the Deltapoint will LOOK about 19% wider and 4% shorter than the RTS.