Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA 2011 Tacitcal Status

Buford!

I won't bore you with the details of my double stack decision matrix that brought me to this point but I'm pretty sure that I want to try this new gun. I can't find much information on it other than that it is supposed to be available in 2012. Do any of you guys have the inside track on this gun as far as when it's going to hit the market? Thanks.

It's not a double stack, It comes with one 8 rd mag ,VZ grips, FO front site and adjustable rear and a Magwell,,,, I brought 2 of them yesterday Arms and Ammo has 8 more in stock.

Edited by WSMBUCK

Right. But I'm talking about the double stack "High Capacity" model.

I can't put a link in my post since I'm too much of a rookie on this forum and rules dont' allow it but if you pull this url and put it in your browser you'll see what I'm talking about.

armscorusa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8&Itemid=21

Edited by Buford!

do you mean this one? These look sweet but they said

no plans for a .40sw at shot show.

Wow, if that were in .40, I could get seriously interested in an RIA for the first time. I'm surprised Para-Ordnance hasn't done something like this.

RIA-Black-Tactical1.jpg

This is a picture of the 2 i brought yesterday,

Now you have me burning Google up trying to find a Double stack in stock,,, Wife is going to kill me , Those yesterday made 7 Pistols and 1 Rifle i have brought in the last 28 days. Might be sleeping with my dogs for the next month but aleast i will have alot of Guns to protect us with :goof::goof::goof:

Edited by WSMBUCK

The price is definitely "right", but, as a competition piece, the RIA will only be useful for L-10 Division. Can't shoot Single-Stack with it because of the rail length (and it probably wouldn't make the 43 oz. weight limit either).

That double-stack gun should really absorb recoil, because it looks REALLY heavy. I'd put money on 46 oz or more EMPTY....

2011 tactical VZ 9mm hicap version model No. is 51677. I read on 1911forum that the hicaps will be available at the end of the year. I had heard that it was supposed to be end of March/ beginning of April when they would release it but doesn't look like that's happening. RIA guys on their facebook page wont touch the subject of release date. Davidsons has it for a retail $804.69 with no ETA and a -1 availability(whatever that means). I had RIA send me a price list and catalog that features it and the list price is $515.00 which has to be wholesale price.

Good info. I spoke to a lady at Armscor yesterday and she said they are shipping now. She must have been mistaken though becasue I called one of the deales she mentioned and he had no clue about them being on the way. Didn't even have an inventory number in the system yet. *sigh* :(

My business partner and I were talking about this yesterday. A 600 dollar high cap 1911, I'm all over that. I wouldn't be affraid to work on it myself versus a 3k 9mm high cap 1911.

The price point of Glock is why I shoot them. I'm not affraid to mess up a part cause I can replace it easilly.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

I read in American Handgunner that these new double-stacks take Para mags, too.

Sure seems like they're missing the boat with no .40 plans. They might find themselves in a whole new market...

Looks like it could be a great fit for 3G if the mag capacity could be increased to 22-23 rounds.

It appears to use para mags so I would think you could just add a base pad to bring it up to 141.25mm.

could not the breech face be monkeyed with to accept a 40 barrel? Though, it would have to have the frame machined for the ramp.

Cheaper to buy a 40 slide compared to rewelding and recutting the 45 breech face to accept a 40 case.

Looks like it could be a great fit for 3G if the mag capacity could be increased to 22-23 rounds.

It appears to use para mags so I would think you could just add a base pad to bring it up to 141.25mm.

Using my 40 para mags as a reference, I could get 22 rounds using a Dawson basepad.

I think 18-19 for the 45 mag.