Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Harley Owners Here....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lesson I learned real fast. Don't talk about other brands of motorcycles around your girlfriend and her father if they both happen to be Harley owners. :D On the plus side, she thinks that $12k for an new Aprilia Tuono is dirt cheap! :huh:

I have owned 13 street bikes, the fastest being a '76 2-stroke 500 Kawi that would do a 10 flat quarter. I have a real desire to build a custom Harley now. Damn TV. American Chopper has me wanting to spend a bunch-o-bucks!

I have an 2001 electra glide classic in black. I love it. Its like driving a Caddy compared to the springer and sporty I had before. My wife just passed her motorcycle class 2 weeks ago, we go pick up her 883 tomorrow night. Heading out to Sturgis in August, it been 10 yrs since we were out there.

Just ordered one..............Road King Custom in a black pearl color.

Have never owned a Harley, just worked on my younger sister’s boyfriends for him when it broke, interesting bikes, great powerband, unlike the Nipponese Pocket Rocket’s I tuned and raced for a few years.

I am jealous, the only new bike I ever owned was a 74 Yamaha TZ-350B I bought from a friend for $1800 cash in early 75. He had bought two to have a spare but needed the cash to keep the one he raced running (the tires were not cheap). I sold it for $1200 2 years later after a lot of adrenalized fun in AFM racing and a little on the street too.

http://www.tz350.net/tz350page.htm

I had a friend with a Kawa 750 triple and it was not as fast on the straightaways, or agile in the corners as the TZ which was half it’s size (we never actually found the hinge in the frame on those Kawa triples, but I do know a real tank slapper when I ride one).

The TZ was an awesome machine and mine was an early one without the mono-shock frame and more power. Imagine a 275lb bike with 60 HP hitting the asphalt through some real sticky slick tires. Most of that 60 HP came on very suddenly in a 700 rpm wide band. Yeoww! Can you say “Lightswitch”? I do dearly miss it, but I just could not keep myself from riding it where it should never have been ridden, it was just sooo fast, I couldn’t help myself. I’m still alive today because I sold that sucker! :P

I hope you enjoy the Hawg, but please do be careful out there.

--

Regards,

BTW, all the rest of the bikes I owned were Yamaha & Suzuki 2 strokes I raced on pavement. Which I guess kinda explains why I like Open division in shooting, it’s the Gran Prix of gun-racing!

Edited by George

I've owned 17 different bikes (I owned the H-D the longest).

Could we split off this thread with a "What motorcycle do you ride/would like to ride and what is your primary IPSC blaster?"?

How about a little personality matching, Bike-n-Blaster profiling, if it were?

This could be a cool thread with pics and a little help from KF.

Singlestack: '76 2-stroke 500 Kawi

ooo-wheee, that must've blasted your tighty whiteys down around your ankles! They were before my time but the Kaw triples still have the reputation as the scariest, nastiest, overpowered, underhandling, hinge-framed bikes.

This thread reminds me of every other reloading thread... "Q: Where should I start with N320 and a Montana Gold 180 JHP in a 5" .40S&W? A: West Coast plated 200 with n grains of Titegroup works great in my Glock 35."

ooo-wheee, that must've blasted your tighty whiteys down around your ankles! They were before my time but the Kaw triples still have the reputation as the scariest, nastiest, overpowered, underhandling, hinge-framed bikes.

LMAO :lol::lol:

Yes it did! After I finished slicking the engine up and adding 3 Denco expansion chambers it sounded like 3 full blown dirt racing bikes.

That is the best description for a Kawi triple I have ever heard!! My body has the scars to prove it.

Like George said:

I’m still alive today because I sold that sucker

John

When I bought my first Triumph Bonney I looked at the Kawi500 even test rode one...wow they were fast...

Was riding one Sun morning early and stopped at a light, a guy and gal tandem rode up next to me on a triple Kawi, we nodded, light changed and they did a wheelie all the way to the next light, about a quarter mile...

New meaning to the word stupid...

and yes, if I had bought one of those I probably would have died riding it...Sold my KZ1000 for that very reason...I was scared of it... :D

When I bought my first Triumph Bonney I looked at the Kawi500 even test rode one...wow they were fast...

They were dogs stock. You shoulda swung your leg over a souped up one ;)

At that time (1976) nothing, and I do mean nothing could touch it light to light.

Yep. My first bike was a Harley. Well sort of. :blink:

It was a 125cc 2 stroke oil injected on/off road Harley Davidson from the AMF days. (Boo Hiss!) :angry:

I've had several Hondas including two full dressed Goldwings. Easy chairs on wheels. :rolleyes: A Suzuki 400cc single 2 stroke dirt bike. Talk about a thumper!

Yamaha Seca 750 that was a nice nimble street bike. And YES, I owned an 1970 H1 500cc tripple 2 stroke. (Rinngggingginngggg) I can still hear the sound in my head.

You couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground with that bike. I got it up to 120 MPH on the highway once when I was much younger and stupider. Man what a feeling though! :D