Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best old western series?

I believe she's referring to Bonanza in which Landon played Little Joe, and just not realizing she's already mentioned it.

Landon also played the part of the father of the family in "Little House on the Prarie", as BerKim suggested. Before he died he stated that he hoped this would be the role for which he was remembered.

Not to be argumentative, but he also starred in Teenage Werewolf and was quoted as having said he liked that role also....Little House was LAME compared to Bonanza

Maybe so, but BerKim was replying to SG's question, and came up with the correct answer.

Landon also played the part of the father of the family in "Little House on the Prarie", as BerKim suggested.

I know that, I just never could consider Little House a Western, more a family drama/soap opera that happened to take place on the frontier.

Not to be argumentative, but he also starred in Teenage Werewolf and was quoted as having said he liked that role also

Really. I could stand to be corrected, but I'd always heard he disliked that role and movie so much he even refused to discuss it in interviews.

I just never could consider Little House a Western, more a family drama/soap opera that happened to take place on the frontier.

I agree. I rate "The Travels of Jamie McPheeters" the same way. But it was interesting for the fact that it was a childhood role for Kurt Russell and a very early role for Charles Bronson.

I dont think anyone has yet mentioned "Wagon Train".

• 2 weeks later...
Ooh! I'd be hard pressed to pick a "best" because there were so many I liked.

Big Valley

High Chapparel

Bonanza ... gotta love those Cartwright Boyz!

Rawhide

Gunsmoke

Have Gun; Will Travel

Maverick

The Virginian

The Rifleman

Alias Smith & Jones

I love them all ... I wish they'd show some/more of them on the Western Channel!

And Grandma's pie!!!

Jeez, I want to be a kid again! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, showing my age here:

Roy Rogers

Red Rider

Hopalong Cassidy

The Cisco Kid (and Pancho too!)

Cheyenne (Bodie as in Clint Walker)

Broken Arrow

Annie Oakley (can't forget the ladies now can we)

Wagon Train (how could anyone forget about that one)

Just to name a few oldies but goodies.

Stay safe.