Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New factory CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow 2012 orange

my00wrx1

Has anyone seen the new factory 'CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow 2012' with the orange grips on the CZ website?

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/79-pistols-cz/PST/CZ_75_SP-01_SHADOW.aspx

There is a picture on the right and if you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a description. I'm not too fussed on the colour of the grips however there has been some improvements to the barrel/slide fit, trigger, a new hammer (it looks similar to the competition hammer) and it now uses buffers. It also comes with some spare parts. Very interesting...

Has anyone seen the new factory 'CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow 2012' with the orange grips on the CZ website?

There is a picture on the right and if you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a description. I'm not too fussed on the colour of the grips however there has been some improvements to the barrel/slide fit, trigger, a new hammer (it looks similar to the competition hammer) and it now uses buffers. It also comes with some spare parts. Very interesting...

orange you glad you want one!!! :roflol: on a serious note they are in testing in MA, and will be legal here soon. I can't wait.

Wow, that is pretty sharp looking. I have been trying to decide between a 75 Shadow (USPSA and IDPA) and an SP01 Shadow (USPA only)... this might push me into the USPSA only and use a carry pistol for playing around in IDPA.

orange you glad you want one!!! :roflol: on a serious note they are in testing in MA, and will be legal here soon. I can't wait.

The grips and mags/mag bases are eary enough to replace : )

Angus had better stock up on grips. Those are only appropriate for Halloween shoots. The rest sounds nice but the term"hand fitted" normally has a corollary phrase called "more expensive". The current Shadow is a dang accurate tool. I'll be interested to see the price point.

• 2 months later...

It will be available here in the Philippines next month in time for the gunshow :)

If you get to handle or (even better) buy one, please let us know how it compares to the existing Shadow.

If I know someone who'll have one and be able to shoot it, yes I will let you guys know. For sure I won't get one, coz I have some other manufacturer in mind. I don't know if the Shadow Orange 2012 has the same specs as my Adam Tyc Limited before, w/c for me has a better and tighter lock-up than a regular Shadow, better trigger out of the box, mine register at 2.2lbs SA and 6lbs DA. There's no mods needed, it's like a full production race gun. Accuracy is top notch.

Here's a 3 shot group offhand at 15m,

20012012734.jpg

10012012716.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...