Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home made brass polish?

bossharley

My recipe is first tumble in walnut with a teaspoon of mineral oil followed by tumbling in corn with a teaspoon of nufinish. Run the tumblers open because there is no dust. And the loaded media lasts much longer than untreated. Since it's an off line operation, I just run them overnight on a timer.

image36947.jpg

Used Brasso for a long time but when Brass went to the plastic bottle seems it was not as strong as it once was.

Then Nu Finish worked better than Brasso still pleased but if I have some rougher brass use Turtle was auto

polish. All the above in a large Dillon tumbler and corn cob. Tried mineral spirits along with the dryer sheets,

but for the most part just use the polish and use the top. Ruined a motor once by leaving the top off.

Interesting, what makes you think the motor problem was related to leaving the top off?

I suppose it's possible that over time the reduced mass transferred too much energy to the remainder of the mechanism. It's like if you dry fire a compound bow without an arrow, you can destroy the bow because the energy has nowhere to release. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything that will work in a wet tumbler? The Vinegar/salt/flower mix might work. I've been using lemishine and it works well, just wondering if there is something cheaper that I've already got laying around the house that I can use.

Few drops of Dawn dish soap and .5oz of real lemon juice in my FA wet and turns out great.

Anything that will work in a wet tumbler? The Vinegar/salt/flower mix might work. I've been using lemishine and it works well, just wondering if there is something cheaper that I've already got laying around the house that I can use.

Few drops of Dawn dish soap and .5oz of real lemon juice in my FA wet and turns out great.

Add three drops of cascade rinse aid to the dawn dish soap and lemon juice and you are good to go.

If it applies to your area the "every things a dollar " store here has the 8 oz lemshine, for all things a dollar

So what you are saying is that I shouldn't have paid $7.99 on Amazon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk