Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed belt sizing

This may be a stupid question, but how do the sizes run on CR Speed belts? I've never ordered a gun belt before, but I know I have a hell of a time getting the right size belt to hold up my pants. i'd hate to order the wrong one. I wear 38 size pants. If i'm honest with myself, i'm getting close to 40.

Thanks

Andrew

Copied from Shooters Connection:

========================================================================================================

CR Speed High Torque Belt

. This is a must read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget your pant size or your belt size. Measure your waist. Take that number and go to the next size. If your waist measures 38" , Order a 40". If it measures 37" , order a 40". The extra 2" is for the extra space from the inner belt, pouches and holster. If you follow this guideline it will not fail. Again DO NOT use your pant or belt size , it means nothing. Clothing manufacturers oversize their clothes to make you feel better about wearing a smaller size than you actually are. Its usually about 4" off. I have gone through this hundreds of times.

MEASURE YOUR WAIST AND ADD 2"!

========================================================================================================

I am debating on either a CR Speed or a Double Alpha, and my buddy told me to follow these instructions for the CR Speed if I decide to go with it. He has two CR Speeds so I trust his judgment. ;)

This may be a stupid question, but how do the sizes run on CR Speed belts? I've never ordered a gun belt before, but I know I have a hell of a time getting the right size belt to hold up my pants. i'd hate to order the wrong one. I wear 38 size pants. If i'm honest with myself, i'm getting close to 40.

Thanks

Andrew

Measure your waist not your pants! I recommend 4" larger.

FWIW, I recently had to replace my CR Speed belt. I followed the directions from Shooters Connection exactly, and got the correct belt. Don't go with your pants size. Go with your waist measurement and add 2" just like they say.

• 1 month later...

The above post that has a copy of Shooters Connection's instructions, is the way to go!

My first belt I ordered 2 "Pants" sizes larger, works ok . Then I ordered my second belt from shooters connection using their instructions - Fits and feels much better!:cheers:

just made an order for a belt. i wear 38 pants. waist measures 44 inches! wal-mart sure tries to make me feel good about myself! i ordered a 46 as per the instructions. hope it works out. thanks for the tips, fellas.

Andrew

Wow! Really? I wear a 38 (comfortably) and all my belts are 42's. They fit perfect with just about 6-8" overlap. I hope that 46 is not too big...Let us know. What division do you shoot?

If you are shooting production, you can wrap it around front so you should be good. One other thing, if you shoot 3Gun, that is when real estate gets critical around the waist, even with us larger folks. That's where the overlap can kill you. I use the TWINS loading, extra carrier, have pistol mag pouches, AR pouches, and holster so I can't have too much overlap or everything won't fit.

I just ordered one from DP. My pants size is 33 and got a size 38 CR Speed belt and it works just right. I have 5 mag pouches and a BT DOH holster on it (Production).

I just ordered one from DP. My pants size is 33 and got a size 38 CR Speed belt and it works just right. I have 5 mag pouches and a BT DOH holster on it (Production).

i'm also going to be using a BT DOH holster for my 5.25.

UPS says my belt, holster, and mag pouches from Dawson should be here tomorrow. i'll post an update on the fit. it's not the end of the world if i have to eat a few cheeseburgers to put it on.

my belt came today. to recap: i wear 38 pants. waist measures 44. ordered 46 as per instructions. the outer belt has about 7 inches overlap. probably could have gone with a 44 MAYBE 42. but until i actually measured the overlap, it doesn't seem excessive. it will work fine for production. i don't need much real estate. thanks for the help fellas.

I'm a 36 waist and have both 38 and 40 CR speed belts. The 40 overlaps so much that when I run production and have mag pouches going to my back it can get in the way. Not sure what smaller waist-ed people do. With the velcro keeper thingy I bet you really only need a couple inches of overlap.

I'm a 36 waist and have both 38 and 40 CR speed belts. The 40 overlaps so much that when I run production and have mag pouches going to my back it can get in the way. Not sure what smaller waist-ed people do. With the velcro keeper thingy I bet you really only need a couple inches of overlap.

When you say "36 waist", do you mean that is the size of pants/jeans you wear or is that your measured size with a tape measure? Thanks.

Just want as much info in here to help others make the right decision when buying a belt. I wear 38 pants and I buy DAA 42 belts that has over 6" of overlap...

• 2 weeks later...

one flaw i see in the "always add 2 inches" mentality is 2 inches means a LOT more to a guy with a 32 inch waist than to a guy with a 50 inch waist. i can see us bigger fellas getting away with belts that fit bigger. more than someone who has very little real estate to cover. but that's a good problem to have. :roflol:

Edited by theycallmeingot