Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 .40 cal in Limited

HOA

I've got the XDM 4.5 40cal for Lim. It has run great from the start the only issues I have ever had were self induced. Dirty mag FTF.Too much slide glide light strikes. Keep that striker channel clean and dry.

Canyon Creek base pads will give you 21rds +1. Tungsten guide rod from CC will help tame major loads.

Dawson soon to release ice magwell.

I have one of Rich from Canyon Creek's first XDM .40 limiteds. I been very happy with it and the only concern I've experienced has been me activating the slide lock prematurely. I also shoot a 1911 in IDPA and ride the safety out off habit. I've had a number of times when my thumb has slipped below the slide lock lever on the XDM and then bumped it up and locked the slide open. It's really my fault for not having the proper grip, but it has ahappened more than once. I only get 20 rounds in the mags right now, but slide forward reloads are not a problem unlike my STI 2011. The XDM is a greatgun at a great price. If you want some starting load data let me know.

post-21145-0-53100100-1332181418_thumb.g

• 5 years later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead!  I always use N320 for all my handguns. My .40 cal load is 4.8 to 5.0 gr. N320'with180 gr bullets at 1.185 OAL. That worked in my XDM, but plunk test it for overall length. Rich may have reamed the chamber 

After plunk testing, also check to make sure the OAL will work in your mags.  My XDM would plunk test successfully at 1.15+ (and longer) but my mags limited me to an OAL of 1.145.  I now load to 1.135 OAL for a slight margin of error.

I am looking for help on coming up with a good holster for limited the Blade tech that i have for my 9mm 5.25 fits great but the 40 is a little snugger then i prefer and is starting to rub the finish off of the slide. Any advice or thoughts would be great.

I just got an Amadini "Ghost" holster for my XDm 5.25.  It dropped in with no adjustment at all.

I bought a Guga Ribas for the same gun and the holster fits EVERYTHING.  It is very adjustable for size, as you can adjust it for trigger guard width, thickness, etc.  I just decided to run with the Amadini because I had used one for years on a Glock and it was trouble free.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/5/2017 at 7:47 AM, Austings said:

I started shooting this gun last year. This coming year will be the first year that I am shooting reloads, and based on advice I will be using N320. 

VV320  is  perfect  for  40 major.recoil is  very very mild  at  170PF.i'm using    a  4.4grs  under  a  zero 180FP   at  coal 1.135  and  man it's  a  delight to  shoot  out  of  either  my tac sport or  fully  mod'ed  G35.

love it so  much that i  bought 40pounds  of  it  which should last  me  the  rest of  my  life lol.

Edited by sigsauerfan

Way back when I was shooting L10 with a 5.25 Xdm in .40 as a backup, and 4.4 of TG put a 180 Blue Bullet at 170 pf.

Snappier then my .45 rounds, but OK.

Edited by mont1120

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, DagoRed said:

Thanks! Factory too pricey to shoot, especially with my options in CA. I already have the powder and primers. Have the dies and setup just need to get off my ass

red

Kind of curios how you are running an XDm in California. I thought it was on the no-fly list. As we near retirement, snow-birding to SoCal desert is in our plans and I assumed I'd be shooting revo down there...

• 1 month later...

I was shooting the Freedom Munition 180gr, which seems to be factory loaded to just barely make major, which is good.  Now that they are in bankruptcy and the QC on their ammo has reportedly gone down the toilet, I'll have to find something else when my stash runs out.  I don't shoot USPSA enough to bother reloading for it, just 9mm.

59 minutes ago, xdmfan said:

I was shooting the Freedom Munition 180gr, which seems to be factory loaded to just barely make major, which is good.  Now that they are in bankruptcy and the QC on their ammo has reportedly gone down the toilet, I'll have to find something else when my stash runs out.  I don't shoot USPSA enough to bother reloading for it, just 9mm.

I was going to try these guys next but Freedom’s demise was my catalyst to reloading :

https://www.peakperformanceammo.com/default.asp

• 3 weeks later...