Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Single Stack Mag pouches

deerassassin22

I understand there is no perfect answer for my question so looking for inputm and helpful advice here. I have a 32 inch waist and will be shooting single stack for today forward. I currenlty have the CR Speed "DOUBLE Pouches" and 1 single Pouch. I need to be able to fit atleast 6 or 7 single stag mags I figure is the average that I will need to carry unless Im wrong here? The CR speed Doubles take up alot of space and the single slides around on my CR belt so what kind of options/advice do you have??

If you order the proper pouches :)

Go to the holsters.com website and pick out the ones you want, it'll end with a -150 for 1-1/2 inch belt. Or check the opticsplanet.com website, they have pretty good prices.

I understand there is no perfect answer for my question so looking for inputm and he Ilpful advice here. I have a 32 inch waist and will be shooting single stack for today forward. I currenlty have the CR Speed "DOUBLE Pouches" and 1 single Pouch. I need to be able to fit atleast 6 or 7 single stag mags I figure is the average that I will need to carry unless Im wrong here? The CR speed Doubles take up alot of space and the single slides around on my CR belt so what kind of options/advice do you have??

The CR doubles do take up space.

I cut the mounting brackets on mine so they would fit closer together so I can run three doubles on a 38" DAA belt which gives me 6 on the belt. I rarely use more than 3 plus the one in the gun. YMMV on your skinny 32" waist - they'll probably still wrap around a bit.

I've been very happy with my Tech-lok BladeTech's. As I recall, the single pouches don't cost any more than a double, and they don't take up any more room. I run (or, ran) five singles plus a Barney in the pocket, which worked out well because the spacing of pants loops varies from pant to pant and having single pouches solved that problem. As far as the sliding goes, you just load up as many between the loops as will fit and the loops will pretty much keep them in place. The Tech-lok system does a pretty good job, too, at least on a double thickness belt, which I also recommend. fyi, This is an endorsement for BladeTech and not a disavowing of anything other brand, but I will say that I've used various brands of holsters and BladeTech is easily my favorite. Never used a CR Speed myself.

I say go 5 + the one in the gun. There really isnt a need for 6 or 7 mags. If you think you might be shooting other divisions later on, get the CR speed ones as they fit several different mags with the spacer change. A little velcoro on the back keeps them from sliding. The safariland are nice also but not a versitle pouch

My vote is for Comp Tac mag pouches. Very good solid pouches. They fit on belts via stong kydex clips, so you can leave them on your rig or pull them off easily (I shoot IDPA too, so using the same pouches on a standard belt is handy.)

Hello: Yes, the 771's will fit on a CR Speed belt. I have 6 on my CR Speed belt. I have a 34" waist and I can reach them all. I bought mine from Shooters Connection. I also use a Comp Tac belt holster since it is the fastest I have found so far and I have tried most of them :surprise: Thanks, Eric

I have been very happy with the DAA racemaster pouches. I have them on my open belt and production belt. I just set up my SS buy using the production rig, changing the holster and putting the DAA spacer in (bought through shooters connection separately). It was worth it. Already had pouches close together and did not have to buy new pouches.

So, I think the consensus is... nobody likes Uncle Mikes? :roflol:

If you're shooting a .45acp, one thing you might want to consider doing is looking at the IDPA requirements for CDP and choosing some pouches that will work for both USPSA and IDPA. I think that was one of the reasons I went with the Blade-Tech... though it's been a few years so I'm not sure. I'm guessing the Safarilands are good for both as well. This is mainly to save you money if you decide to shoot in both sports, especially since SS and CDP are so close to each other in terms of regulations.

So, I think the consensus is... nobody likes Uncle Mikes? :roflol:

They're not hip, cool, or fashionable, but my Uncle Mike's double pouches have been working just fine for my SS rig over the past couple of years, once I changed out the center adjustment screw hardware. I just got a set of CR Speed Versa pouches for my limited gun, and I can see the appeal. But I'm not shooting SS enough to justify dropping $200 ($35/pouch + $5/adapter) on mag pouches for SS.

When I can be certain that a mag grab cost me a match, I've got a reason to upgrade.

I love my setup. CR Speed belt with the pouches. I'm running 4 pouches + a cheap Springfield Armory double pouch. I'd eventually like to run 6 CR Speed pouches. I also have a 32" waist (belt size), and I don't find it to be a problem. I rarely have to grab the 5th magazine, switch is in the small of my back.

I would run 5/6+ the one in the gun.

Edited by polizei1