Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The "edge" drop in rigger

BlueMazar

So i feel like i need a lighter trigger for my gen 3 glock 17. i shoot production uspsa and want to get the best there is. i just went to GlockTriggers.com and saw the edge drop in tigger kit. it looks cool and it says it has the pre travel removed. But on its desription it says its for limited and limited 10. My question is- Can i use it in my production gun at a major match? also how will they know the difference?

You can use it but prepare for some iron sight open minor. It is easy to tell because when they go to chrono and pull the trigger it is very obvious that the pre travel is gone. Believe me, the guys who run the chrono at the big matches have a pretty darn good idea how a glock trigger pretravel should feel. Order the production legal one and learn to ride the reset

Edited by EkuJustice

I got the vogel it is production legal and a really great trigger. You do have the take-up but the reset is a little shorter but the pull is really nice. I'm using the 4.5 trigger spring and my pull is about 2 3/4 lb, and so far it has set off every primer. If I go the #4 spring he said to use federal primers and I should'nt have any problems.

• 6 months later...

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Edge...I bought it, I used it for a while, and I found a different combo of trigger and springs that works better for what I like......all it does (IMHO) is make the trigger pull shorter and lighter. While this may sound appealing, it does this at the expense of the trigger break "wall". In other words, the trigger (to me) feels like a giant long mushy take-up without any breaking point, when using the Edge. I prefer to hit a hard wall and press through (again, that's just me).

Edited by GorillaTactical

I know the last posting on this topic was a year ago but isnt the EDGE now uspsa production legal since the rule about trigger pull weight has been ammended? Correct me if im wrong. Thanks.

I believe the Edge has externally visible modifications (someone correct if wrong) to alter pretravel and overtravel, which would make it illegal in production.

Is there a drop in trigger system that gives that 1911-like wall, and a glass rod break?

I've found that the Haley Strategic Skimmer works well with regards to creating a wall (there will still be take-up), but I have yet to find a way to give a Glock a perfectly fine "glass rod" break...even with a light striker spring on the skimmer, it still doesn't produce this effect. I believe simply based on the mechanics of the Glock trigger and safety, that you can't really produce and ultra smooth breaking action (at least I haven't nor has anyone else I know found it).

In Production I run the Vogel Challenger trigger and it is better than anything else that I have used. I may be biased but I have been shooting Glocks for almost ten years and it is better than anything that I have felt to date.

Save the Edge for the days that you shoot Limited.