Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Personal Promotion

tightloop

I am sorry, but this is the Hate Topic.  

I don't understand people who post on this forum that take every opportunity to shamelessly promote something they are selling with every post they make, regardless of the topic.  There is a Classified  portion to the forum, but obviously they cannot be content to post their data there ONCE and be done with it.

I would suggest that they set up their own website instead of wasting forum space and everyone's time by trying to utilize this space as a free sales/marketing tool.

I would like to announce the advent of my new revolutionary invention:  Snail Snot.

Snail Snot is an all purpose cleaner, lubricant, preservative, brass polish, laxative, and seasoning for French cuisine.  Originally developed as a meal supplement for astronauts during the Apollo program, Snail Snot was soon discovered to have multitude of applications.....

;)

ditto, ROTFLMAO !!

tightloop,

I'm glad you pointed that out.

you're 100% right. I think I know who you're talking about: this guy is present on many, many forums over the internet, and spends most of his time bragging about his products.

I find it totally insulting to forum hosts and users.

Oddly enough, no real astronaut seems to "have the time" to endorse Snail Snot (clearly it's  a coverup by the Federal Government), but I will be retaining the services an actor who has portrayed an astronaut on TV, who shall be henceforth known as an "Actronaut."  (I doubt the average American will know the difference.)  ...and...you guessed it!!  It's Andy Griffith!!  

To place your order, cruise on over to:

http://www.ieatsnailsnot.com

Hey!  Just because something doesn't exist doesn't mean you shouldn't send me money.  You'll get good Karma for it, I promise.  

Put all your money in a large, manilla envelope and send it to:  ...............

I would suggest that they set up their own website instead of wasting forum space and everyone's time by trying to utilize this space as a free sales/marketing tool.

Does Brian have a problem with this or something?

This is the HATE Thread, I have a problem with it!!!

This forum has a classified section, if you are selling something, put it there, ONCE, and let it go.  If you have to include shameless advertisement with every post you make, it gets old in a hurry.  If you want to use a forum to advertise your products with every post, generate your own forum, don't use this one.

Even though this is Brian's forum, you don't see him saying buy "whatever" with every post he makes.  The guy has class, got to give it to him.

I don't think you were the one I was talking about when I started this thread; but, if the shoe fits...

Brian and Matt are the only two cats coughing up the dough for the server, software, and the internet connection for this site.  On that basis, they are the only ones with the *right* to advertise anything on their sites.  Brian graciously allows advertising through Classifieds section.  Other than modest use of that, all other advertising is pretty crass and out of place.

If you want to advertise your product/service, have the character to *ask* Brian or Matt in advance, then be prepared to *pay* for the service should they agree.  "Adver-squatting" is uncool and basically constitutes theft.  You're stealing bandwith and resources they have to pay for - for your personal gain.

[brian's too polite to put it in those terms.  As evidenced by some of my other posts.......I'm not.]

E

Cool.  That's where I wanted this to go.

I didn't really like that fact that your post turned into 2 pages of jokes.  That's okay and all, I was just trying to get you back to the point you were trying to discuss.

Kirk out.