Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 4: Episode 4(6 MAR 2012)

Wow, 5 for 5 on the moving crossbow targets for Chee Kwan, what a performance. :cheers:

Oh, and I couldn't help but crack up when Big Guy wouldn't even look at the nice champion lady trying to help him out. I'm wondering just exactly what a "federal police officer" is anyway? A D.C. cop? One of the guards that walk around the Capitol ? US Marshall? Just curious.

Edited by ChristianHE

I'm wondering just exactly what a "federal police officer" is anyway? A D.C. cop? One of the guards that walk around the Capitol ? US Marshall? Just curious.

I've seen SUVs, white with big blue 'Federal Police' on the side.. nowhere near anything federal... always wondered

We had a bunch in Lakewood. They enforced the laws in the Federal Center, but they were not employees for an alphabet agency. They drove white SUVs with blue badging as well. My friends who are "Federal Agents" with alphabet agencies don't consider them to be Federal, but more security guards at the Federal installations.

My friends who are "Federal Agents" with alphabet agencies don't consider them to be Federal, but more security guards at the Federal installations.

Bingo...

There are armed Federal employees ranging from highly paid security guards to shoot first ask questions later types.

None of them necessarily have to be police or agents - many of them don't even have arrest powers or non-lethal force ladders to go up.

Force protection folks come to mind that work in places that you shouldn't be (or ones that don't exist).

----

How long until there are security contractors on the show?

I bet they won't let any on since they'd probably shoot too well. :lol:

Edited by DyNo!

Are you guys talking about the Federal Protective Service? If so, these fine men and women are Law Enforcement Officers with full powers of arrest. The agency is similar to the US Capitol Police. FPS is part of the Dept. of Homeland Security.

We had a bunch in Lakewood. They enforced the laws in the Federal Center, but they were not employees for an alphabet agency. They drove white SUVs with blue badging as well. My friends who are "Federal Agents" with alphabet agencies don't consider them to be Federal, but more security guards at the Federal installations.

Ah. Mall cops. That being said.

How come all they can come up with are 2 women.

Edited by West Texas Granny

I think the shooting challenges are better this season then previous seasons. The grenade launcher, BAR, and the props have made the show more interesting. I'd like to shoot all of the stages they shoot and get the coaching they get.

It's interesting to see how the show is edited each season to creat drama. One season it's the amateur being bossy, next it's the seal being a jerk, this season it's bad team dynamics.

I also wonder why they can't get better women shooters and it drives my wife nuts. Gabby seems to be doing well this year though, I hope she continues to the end.

I think the shooting challenges are better this season then previous seasons. The grenade launcher, BAR, and the props have made the show more interesting. I'd like to shoot all of the stages they shoot and get the coaching they get.

This!

How many other people think that, instead of making a TV show with the funding they have, they should just make Top Shot Theme Park? Hell, I'd pay a goodly sum of money to go shoot all of those stages (and yes, I'd take the rock throwing events too, if that was the only way I could shoot the firearm stages), even without the coaching.

Who's with me?

It's interesting to see how the show is edited each season to creat drama. One season it's the amateur being bossy, next it's the seal being a jerk, this season it's bad team dynamics.

I also wonder why they can't get better women shooters and it drives my wife nuts. Gabby seems to be doing well this year though, I hope she continues to the end.

Ahh the BAR. Outside of a Thompson the BAR is my dream gun when it comes to full auto.

Little Johns massive insecurities aside... I thought both of these challenges were very cool - some of the best stuff they have done to date. A combination of speed, accuracy, timing, and increasing pressure.

If I were to change anything, I would have made the first challenge a round robin. Shoot one arrow (or hit one target) and change shooters. That would have spread the challenge over the entire team.

I'm pretty sure that spreading the challenge over the entire team is exactly what the producers were avoiding. That makes it harder for team members to select others for elimination based solely on performance — they have to rely more on personality, which is the fuel of "reality TV."

On the other hand, it introduces an element of strategy that benefits the audience. By putting the strongest shooters on the most (or toughest) stages, we shooting enthusiasts get to see an overall higher level of shooting skill. And the rest of the audience gets to see a more gripping contest, along with the aftermath, selecting people for elimination.

This!

How many other people think that, instead of making a TV show with the funding they have, they should just make Top Shot Theme Park? Hell, I'd pay a goodly sum of money to go shoot all of those stages (and yes, I'd take the rock throwing events too, if that was the only way I could shoot the firearm stages), even without the coaching.

Who's with me?

A former Top Shot cast member is setting up a range to have a lot of Top Shot challenges. I don't recall who it is right now, and I'm not going to sit through all of Caleb's interviews.

It was Daryl Parker. Here's the website.

It was Daryl Parker.

Good ol' Daryl!! My 2nd most "hated" Top Shot contestant. The top honor goes to Sniper George who is the reason why I stopped watching the show! :devil:

Luck for you, you didn't have to see the Navy Squeal. He was by far the worst contestant ever.

And now that the silly stuff has started, I think this is a good place to close this.

Y'all please remember to play nice in these threads. We don't like closing them down early, but won't hesitate to if the name-calling and other childish behavior rears it's head.

Just sayin'...