Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3GN Semi-Pro Series

After having to turn down a 3GN Pro Tour invitation due to work conflicts that prevented me from making the mandatory events, I signed up for the 3GN Semi-Pro series last night. Who else is playing in Semi-Pro?

ETA list of matches that will award points in Semi-Pro:

2.1: 3GN Semi-Pro Series points will be awarded for participating in the following 3GN-Affiliated matches: 1.) Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, 2.) CMMG Midwest 3-Gun, 3.) MGM Ironman, 4.) Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, 5.) Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun, 6.) Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun, 7.) Leupold Northwest 3-Gun, 8.) Larue-Texas Multi-Gun, 9.) AR15.com-Rockcastle Pro-Am, and 10.) FNH USA 3-Gun.

2.1.2: Note: At AR15.com-Rockcastle Pro-Am, a Semi-Pro competitor must compete in the host match’s “Pro” division in order to receive 3GN Semi-Pro

I'm confirmed for SMM3G, RM3G, LaRue-TX Multi-Gun, and the AR15 Pro-Am. Also plan on shooting BRM3G for sure, and maybe the CMMG and Ozark matches.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same boat. Had to turn down my Pro Tour invite, just not enough time and $$$ to make it happen. Bummer. Gonna sign up for the semi pro tour too, pretty cool they set up multiple series. Seems like there should be something for everyone this year. Nice job 3Gun Nation!

After having to turn down a 3GN Pro Tour invitation due to work conflicts that prevented me from making the mandatory events, I signed up for the 3GN Semi-Pro series last night. Who else is playing in Semi-Pro?

I also passed on the Pro Tour, mainly because I like Open better, due to crappy eyesight and that fact that I suck at Tac Optics, no loading skills. I signed up for Semi-Pro yesterday, it just seemed like a better fit for me.

Doug

I signed up as well. Not expecting to come anywhere near the top but wanted to see how I stack up nationwide. I'm shooting Texas Multigun, AR15 ProAM, and hopefully Rocky Mountain (30th on the waitlist). Will probably need to find a 3rd match. I really wish Fallen Brethren or Arkansas State was on the list as I'm shooting those as well.

Ben

I entered in Semi-Pro also. I'm confirmed at SMM3G,LaRue,CMMG/Midwest,and Pro in the ProAm. I'll try to get into Ozark as well. I'm not sure if I'll do FNH again or not. FNH was an awesome match, but I was on the staff so I went to W.VA by myself. It's a long way from LA up there! I definetly be back at AR Section Multigun and Fallen Brethren.

I also passed on the Pro Tour, mainly because I like Open better, due to crappy eyesight and that fact that I suck at Tac Optics, no loading skills. I signed up for Semi-Pro yesterday, it just seemed like a better fit for me.

Doug

Signed up yesterday (Tactical Optics). I have always sucked at Open. Had Lasik surgery 6 years ago and it destroyed my near vision, it has finally come back enough where I can see iron sights again (Pistol/Shotgun) and definitely looking forward to this year!!

Jack

Edited by Jack T

8.1: Following the 2012 3GN season, the top 25 3GN Semi-Pro Series competitors will earn an invitation into the 2013-2014 3GN Pro Series Qualification match (Venue TBD). These slots will go to the top 25 only. Any unused slot will be forfeited and go unused.

I would guess this will change and 3GN will need at least 25 shooters to make up for losses in the PRO series.

David E.

8.1: Following the 2012 3GN season, the top 25 3GN Semi-Pro Series competitors will earn an invitation into the 2013-2014 3GN Pro Series Qualification match (Venue TBD). These slots will go to the top 25 only. Any unused slot will be forfeited and go unused.

I would guess this will change and 3GN will need at least 25 shooters to make up for losses in the PRO series.

David E.

Fewer people from the semi-pro series will just make it easier for the bottom 16 pros to qualify, so actually getting 25 isnt really needed in anyway. The only thing they need to make sure is that the bottom 16 pro + the top 25 semi-pros actually adds up to the number that leaves the pro tour.

But yeah, the turnover in the Pro series is probably going to be at least 10 shooters and I'm guessing that not all of those top 25 from semi-pro will actually go to the qualifying match, so the qualifier match will probably not have too many shooters.

Edited by gose

I signed up as well. Not going to be competitive, just wanted to be able to learn from those much better than myself. Sounds like with all those who turned down pro invites and signed up for semi, I'll get my wish. Think I'll make CMM3G, BRM3G, and Ozark. Looking forward to it.

You guys were good enough to be Pros, but you are going to shoot semi-pro?

You think thats fair???

Here I am, absolutely crushed because I didnt shoot well enough to make it into the top 64, or even top 100; and then the semi-pro tour is announced, and a glimmer of hope appears into my otherwise dim view.

And then you Pros show up. Whats next;

Jose Bautista sent down to play against the Iowa Cubs?

Tony Stewart showing up at the local dirt track?

Rob Leatham asking for a re-classification to B class?

O woe is me.

You think thats fair???

Here I am, absolutely crushed because I didnt shoot well enough to make it into the top 64, or even top 100; and then the semi-pro tour is announced, and a glimmer of hope appears into my otherwise dim view.

O woe is me.

Mike, that might be the next revision.

If you are invited for the Pro Series, you may not compete in any other series. :devil:

I Really wish they would have picked different names for the divisions. This whole 'Pro' thing kinda sucks. Ya I got an invite to the 'Pro' series but the last thing I would ever consider myself being is a 'Pro' shooter lol! Nobody has ever bothered to pay me to do anything with a gun!

You think thats fair???

O woe is me.

But You! said http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141456&view=findpost&p=1637002id.....

Smoke 1/2 the pros ? was that it :mellow:

Edited by AlamoShooter

I am in after deciding not to shoot the Pro series....and the fact I didn't get invited to shoot the Pro series.

It is kind of a bummer to have the Pros in the semi-pro series like Cyrus said. Oh well, guess I'll just to shoot faster and more accurate. :cheers:

You think thats fair???

O woe is me.

But You! said http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141456&view=findpost&p=1637002id.....

Smoke 1/2 the pros ? was that it :mellow:

The man does his research!

I meant "provide smoking materials for the Pros". I was offering to be a cigarette girl for the tour!!

I am in after deciding not to shoot the Pro series....and the fact I didn't get invited to shoot the Pro series.

It is kind of a bummer to have the Pros in the semi-pro series like Cyrus said. Oh well, guess I'll just to shoot faster and more accurate. :cheers:

\

Just dazzle us with your gun coatings and your better half!