Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you guy recheck your loads when using a new bottle

ProGunGuy

Only for weight that the measure is dropping.

New 8# of the same powder gets the following treatment.

Compare weight using the same powder measure settings. If I do not have to make a significant change ( 0.2 gr or less ) then I just keep going. If I have to drastically change it, then I might go through it again.

I have not had issues with the VV stuff. Very consistent but I tend to get a lot of the same lot #.

I have also had good luck with the Alliant flake powders like Green Dot even going from lot to lot.

Double check pf next time out to confirm

of the same powder?

I'm just about through with a 8# jug of WST. Got another one of a different lot. When using a new lot, do I, and should I, go through the work of redeveloping loads with the new lot?

It depends on how much of a hassle it is to check and whether I'm shooting a major any time soon. I'd hate to drop from a comfortable 172-175 to 164.9 because different batches ran different!

BB

of the same powder?

I'm just about through with a 8# jug of WST. Got another one of a different lot. When using a new lot, do I, and should I, go through the work of redeveloping loads with the new lot?

I don't call it "redeveloping" but I'd lot rather set up the chrono and check it than to blow up a gun. I'll back off a couple tenths and try them on a few. If you're buying 8lbs at a time it's not gonna change for another couple of thousand rounds.

EW

Smokeless powders are amazingly consistent from container to container, and from lot to lot. Lots of powder are compared against a control standard before they are packaged and released to the market, and are destroyed if not exactly on specification.