Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Open Shotgun - no more 10+1!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheers:Great job USPSA BOD & MG rule writers!

Limiting Open SG years ago was not a good idea, it is all about good course where you have good COFs to shoot. Open shooters have to shoot against others in the same division anyways.

I have never been to any 3 Gun, anywhere, that had 20 rnds from a single box where this rule might advantage some with a drum or box fed magazine.

• 3 weeks later...

DMW

Steel magtubes for Remington's & benellis can be custom ordered to length, Finished with Black oxide, blued or your favorite color in Cerakote

Dave 626 859 0299

I have a +8 on my M2... so I have 11 + 1 and can get another +1 with a ghost load. At my skill level that should be more than enough :blush:

I haven't read the new rule, but... did they do anything to neuter the "old tricks", like using 2" shells to get 15+ in the tube?
Nope, just removed the capacity limit.

Just to clarify - running short (2 1/4 - 2 1/2") shells is OK now?

Dang it...and I just purchased a 7+ tube for my M2...just for Rockcastle.

Rock Castle is not using USPSA rules.

Duh...thanks Charles...I had a brain fart.

I am 53....frequency of brain farts accelerate with age.

Oh crap...that must be it...55 here.

I haven't read the new rule, but... did they do anything to neuter the "old tricks", like using 2" shells to get 15+ in the tube?

Did size ever matter?

Buy a longer tube and install it when you go out of state. Not a solution in-state of course.

Posession itself is illegal. Nor could anyone in another state bring their 10+ gear to a match in a restricted state.

Those of us in free states often store items for our oppressed brothers and sisters.

Did size ever matter?

I don't think so, and you are right...I didn't phrase the question properly. Should have left the word "now" off the end.

Before the round limit rule one could reload shells short and get an extra shell or two or three in pretty easily, so the intent of the question was to clarify what Jakers was asking about shot shell length restrictions.

Edited by Bamboo

Thank you, Mr. Anderson!

Time to re-tweak the old MEC sizemaster, I guess. :P

edit: one day I will learn how to spell AND type.

Edited by Bamboo

Did size ever matter?

OOHHH....never mind, I'll just get in trouble :devil:

Yeah I think USPSA and IPSC are going to be going different directions on a lot of things if the last GA was any indication. I'll leave it at that do I don't get a nasty email from Mr. Pinto.

If he sends you one tell him you have decided to take over my role so he will have something to do but under no circumstances should you drink his beer.

• 2 weeks later...

BOD online meeting just posted. No more 10+1 for open division. Load 'em up...

Thank you Chuck. Anything else new?

More can be seen here: http://www.uspsa.org....php?meeting=31

I'm a bit late to this thread, and at this point, there is no longer any info posted at this url... is there anywhere that still summarizes recent rule changes?