Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect to move a good bit and shoot a lot. EH likes field courses and high round counts, and challenging ones at that. Ron Rodgers has shown himself an outstanding match director there for the tri state.

Stages are posted at the site, interesting 3-d view of them.

Stages

Fair amount of walking, but they have a courtesy van to shuttle you from the upper bays to the lower and far bays. I shoot there on a monthly basis, and think quite highly of their matches...heck, our monthly matches are near mini-sectionals....

Planning to shoot Saturday and volunteered to RO on Sunday.

and gentleman, the clown is back...ready to take more prisoners....

Bring the clown on, I chickened out last year and went to the low port. I'm going to go for it this year.

I'm shooting Saturday, then heading back to Utica to shoot the Michigan State match, its gonna be a fun weekend.

This match is the same weekend as the section match for that "state up north", right?

I hope to do both. Looking at MI on Friday, and Tri-State on Sunday.

Funds allowing.

Ron Rodgers has been running this match the last couple of years. I have been impressed.

Good props, good stages, and one hell of a range.

I'll be there Sat. Always a great match. Make hotel reservations early. Last year everything was booked with Bikers, Ballons and the Polish festival. Now aint that just a hell of a combo? A dumb biker falling out of a ballon? :D I want a crack at the clown without my dot failing. :angry:

I plan on doing the same as Kyle. Shooting MI on Friday and Tri-State on Sunday.

Looking at the stage diagrams, it's gonna be really high round count...Gonna stay there Saturday and check out the range before hand...Perhaps meet some people from here.

Current plan was to drive out Saturday and shoot on Sunday, I may change that to Drive out Friday afternoon, shoot Saturday and stop at Topton on the way home for a second day of shooting.

I've shot this match a coupple of times in the past, but missed last year due to conflict with the NA Tactical. Glad to be able to schedule it this year. Its a fun match and generally a well run event.

Jim Norman

I too shall be shooting this match, plan to mail app next week. Will be shooting sunday. .... the thought of MI and this match in same weekend is VERY tempting... think there are any little matches we could hit on the road sat. ;-) 3 matches 3 days... best so far is 3 in 2 days. but hoping to beat that one some time.

Steve

i would like to know what program was used to make those 3-D images?

Autodesk and Volo View. AD only runs $1895 base program....

This is the type of program USPSA should work on getting to do stages. Just like the printed version of the Area 8 stages...that 3D view provides some tremendous interpretation.

Hey Flex, maybe you can pass that on to USPSA...let them negotiate with the mfg of Autodesk for a scaled down version capable of only our stuff....

Great news that the 3D stage design postings are helping shooters cipher the Tri-State courses! Definitely a benefit, but not the main reason why 3D was used.

This shooter became frustrated with the difficulties (shoot thrus, overall size, safety issues, etc...) of transposing not-to-scale stage designs into a bay during setup, especially large field courses in 90 degree hot and humid weather!

Inventor (published by AutoDesk located in San Rafael, CA) provided the solution. It is a 3D solid modeling program typically used for machine design. The program permits rapid identification of the issues noted above and related design corrections weeks before setup begins. Another benefit is the automatic creation of a prop listing for the entire match.

Regrets that it is a costly program ($4700). However, only a fraction of the program’s capability is required by the stage design application. It would be interesting to inquire whether AutoDesk would entertain producing a “toned” down version for USPSA. Alternately, they may be willing to donate a seat for evaluation and/or for use by a limited number of course designers… say for the Nationals.

• 2 weeks later...
Any way to make those stage diagrams bigger? Maybe add the start position?

My eyes are bugging out.

The resolution is set to 800x600. I've asked quite a few people about the size and everyone said the stages show up full screen. It has to be on your end.

Or maybe....since your such a "large person' that everything just looks very small to you?! :P Maybe we all look like oompa-loompas to Flex? :D

The match is all coming together. It's going to be another kick@ss match this year! I have some new stage pictures to post, hopefully this week.

Hope to see alot of BE'ers there!!

Later

So what hotel is everyone staying at.

I am at the howard johnson in New Stanton $44.00 a night, plenty of rooms left.

Others Available all in New Stanton

Super 8

Comfort Inn

Days Inn

We all ought to get together sat night and go to the sports bar/restaraunt or something.

Or maybe....since your such a "large person' that everything just looks very small to you?! :P Maybe we all look like oompa-loompas to Flex? :D

I guess Kyle didn't find any humor in my...umm...well....humor! No response? :D

Well guys, the final stage revisions for the Tri-State have been posted on the EH web site. Sorry, but they didn't send any course/start positions. The hotel information has also been posted.

For anyone thinking about shooting the Tri-State and Michigan match, Ron (the MD) has been accepting a limited amount of applications to shoot our match Friday.

It's gonna be cool! :D See ya there!

MT

D-oh...

I was looking to come up with some reply...found this crazy website...where they talk about conspiracies in the chocolate Factory.

"...Near the end the four remaining people and Willy Wonka climb into the Wonka Mobile, Count the number of seats.....That's right there are only five of them, So Wonka planned to have only five riding the Wonka Mobile at this point in the tour which prove that these "accident" that the children have been having are not accidents at all but were carefully planned by the demonic Willy Wonka and the man eating Oompa Loompas....... "

Of course, this website also has a linki for "Hooters and groin injuries"

http://www.captainstupid.com/id5.html

Just to keep this on track...

Damn clown stage. I am going to remember to shoot all the targets BEFORE I take a break this year.